My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 14, 2016

The Tortoise And The Hare...

I am the former...at present. Having a scooter would not help at present as I could not take it on a bus so I choose my journeys carefully.

I have a show tomorrow night(but that was booked ages ago)and I've made up the cost by now. A concert with 60's pop icon Lulu. At least going I have found yet another way to get to the theatre that involves even less walking and that is especially good because we're not talking of level ground but inclines.

And as said before coming home I have another route that gets me back to the bus station(another long walk avoided)and often it means I connect to an earlier bus so avoid waiting around in the bus station.

Since the last entry I have seen a classical music concert of American Music. I enjoyed the second half better than the first. I think most of the featured music was by Leonard Berstein. The first half I didn't recognise one piece and other I did but it was not as I remember it Applalachian Spring and I did not enjoy it.

Saturday and Sunday I attended The North Of England Brass Band Championships.  I am glad to have done it but I wouldn't do so again. There are various sections and in each section the bands play the same test piece. An adjudicator sits in a curtained off area with no idea who is playing and decides who is the best to his own criteria.

Its one man/woman's decision. I am biased and I thought my local band Ferryhill Town Band was as good/better than some of the other band in the section they were part of but they were unsuccessful this year so they are not taking part in the National Championships later in the year. Perhaps next year.

The weather these past few days has been beautiful but I have had nowhere to go(well I have been to all the above)but they are indoor events and because some were in the evening I could not go somewhere and the Championships kept me indoors during the daytime. I managed all of the rounds on Saturday but gave up on Sunday by mid afternoon and probably missed one and half sections.

Some test pieces you don't mind hearing them many times but others though testing the performers and you appreciate they are clever, they become boring.

Though the weather has improved I am preparing a chicken casserole in the slow cooker. Soon if it stays like this I will be having more salads and cold food. So preparation will be reduced as will energy used but meals will be still as healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home