My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Hey, Its Monday...

The sun is shining, I'm upbeat plans are afoot, I'm positive. OK I'll say it nothing exciting planned but that's not a complaint. Many live by a kind of routine whether they work or stay at home for whatever the reason and their lives are often mapped by the routine they keep. If they are happy that's fine by me.

For some the week is mapped out by the tasks carried out each day. That might come back to tradition like Monday was Washing Day, Friday Baking Day. There could a be coffee with friends in a little café in town or someone pops around for a chat. For some and I used to see it travelling to work or going to school(it happened more when shops were not open 24/7)older people were waiting for the shops to open with a shopping bag in their arm or a shopping trolley. The shopping would be done in minutes and they'd be home and having a cup of tea perhaps an hour later.

For many the church was the hub of the community and centre of their lives. Now I guess much of that is done at a PC screen or looking at smartphone all the time.

Last night three females in my company were together as a group but barely spoke, there was entertainment but the whole time they were tapping on their phones texting or surfing the internet.

And then for some it may be the reading of a book and laying in a cosy bed, listening to music, watching a favourite TV programme or film or the new hobby of binge on a box set. Sometimes alone, sometimes with friends. Horses for courses or another term(am I really saying this?)What floats your boat.

I won't criticise anyone for their choice for fun or what they do to to make their life happy and even my mentioning of those on their phones was not a criticism. They are doing what they want to. I suspect there are many more things they could be doing that would be seen as harmful. Its not, to use an ancient term sex, drugs and rock and roll.

I am out soon having bloods taken at the Dr's surgery, out this afternoon. Then I''m starting serious business and puling the garden into shape. Looks like the weather is going to be kind. The ground is quite OK for standing on too. It will have to be done very slowly and in stages but I will get there.

Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home