My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 04, 2016

At The Risk Of Being Criticised...

Lets just say my consultant cannot give me a clean bill of health but on the other hand I am ticking over. The gout could be being caused because my kidney do not always flush away the calcium crystals when I urinate and therefore it may not always be a food issue. I count my blessings and am thankful of the care I continue to receive. Nothing exciting following...

It was really busy at the hospital today and all patients were being warned of delays. I was only ten minutes late in being seen(an advantage of going early)but rather than hanging about in the cold to get home I took a longer bus journey and a diversion and still was home around the same time.

Being tired I had an afternoon nap. Not something I do that often and of course I had been up early to get to hospital.

Back into my attempts to have something nice for my meals again but my favourite for cost, easiness and taste are still casseroles. Lots of vegetables and you can economise on meat so there is enough to get protein but without eating too much.

My good deed of the day was a friend had lost a slow cooker when a flat was cleared after the person died and she only wanted a small one enough for small meals and for herself. I told her of a very good one that looks good made in white so looks quite nice in a kitchen. And for the price of £10 it has a function some even more expensive does not have. Many have a low and high setting but this one also has an auto function.

I keep hearing of all the bad weather coming our way but another day has passed by without it happening so this weekend I hope that I can venture into the garden and get some tasks done which will be done at a leisurely pace.

Tomorrow I may have a little run out for some chicken and salad items. And have a listen to two programmes I have missed this week on the radio. An edition of the long running series Desert Island Discs(many of which can be downloaded/listened to online)and the long running radio drama/soap The Archers. I don't follow TV soaps but I do follow this and 13mins daily or as in the omnibus on Sundays mornings its not too much time to give up.

In theory I could've been listening to it for decades(and perhaps wish that I had)I have had times where I have and then gone away from it. But I would guess that I have been listening fairly regularly for around eight years now. And there is a story line at present which is splitting the audience but I want to see how it will pan out when they decide to bring it to an end.

Update:Its around 8pm. Plans went slightly off kilter. Gout returned(back on the meds)and hopefully as I did so quickly it will be headed off quickly. Weather wise I avoided going out because of the amount of rain coming down. I'll pop out tomorrow for the salad(I can catch a bus that stops virtually outside where I want to be)until teatime anyhow. I wanted to go out today to return a shopping trolley I used to bring a little shop home last evening around 9pm. I couldn't walk and carry it, being so close to home it was easier to use it. So that will be returned tomorrow too. I can go from shopping to Durham.

And as its much cheaper than some nights out I get to I have discovered that the theatre group that put on "Kiss Me Kate" in January are doing a musical in their university near to Durham Cathedral and tomorrow is the final night of its short run, I don't know it so I may give it a go. "Ordinary Days" tells the story of four young New Yorkers whose lives are unexpectedly interconnected by circumstance. The series of funny and fortuitous events in this intimate, fast-paced musical proves that ordinary days can be simply extraordinary.

Going to listen to some radio, have a weak coffee and some toast and marmalade. Rest and start afresh tomorrow. I don't have to rush out first thing in the morning so I can wait until mid afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home