My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Less Fraught Day...

More positive. If you are not depressed and feeling down in the dumps you can put negative thoughts where they belong.

I have two casseroles in two small slow cookers...I am about dressed and shaved. Gout is much improved and whilst there is money...the ticket was purchased ages ago. Its only £5 tonight I will be watching a local brass band in a local church. Not too far away and the bus service though not great...it isn't bad.

We seem to have little entertainment on our own town which is big, always have to go off town.

I'm the last of my line. There is much that I don't know. I'm not sure what I have to gain if I did. There must be relatives out there but its not as if anyone has contacted me so perhaps they are not curious either.

However I know how Mum and Dad met and where. It doesn't exist any more but mention the "Rink" in Spennymoor there are still many who know of it or remember it. I don't know Spennymoor that well and until recently if I was not passing through it to go somewhere else or doing a small shopping trip there is no reason to. Again, bus services in the evening don't get me back here and without meaning to be demeaning there's not much there. If you live there its your town as this town is mine.

However a few weeks ago I was collared by someone pushing religion and given leaflets. One mentioned a church(even if I wanted to go to the services they are difficult to get to as most are in the evening.

On a piece of paper it says the church is next to a "Older people's Complex(How they describe it)where the rink used to be" So one day soon, I am planning to visit the location and contemplate that around where the "Home" is was where my parents met. Its another connection. Its only taken almost 58 years to make it.

Update:The concert was enjoyable and by chance someone I know spotted me and I was given a lift home afterwards. So I was home before the time the bus I would've had to catch had even turned up.







I also had a nice supper, a bowl of my casserole. That warmed me up. Its a variation on soup I guess.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home