My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

We Survived February 29th...

Today I was going to attempt making a start in the garden but we've had wind and rain overnight. And now its too late to make a start. Perhaps tomorrow. That will depend on the weather of course of which the suggestion is it will be colder and there could be snow. Then again its only March. I'm sorry that its so late now as the sun is shining and its turned out better after all. Daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses have been showing for some weeks now.

I had a few small wins on the bingo(small is the word)its mainly for fun and company. I think I won £4 and on Sunday night I got £6 because a friend in our group won. It would've been more but before we shared between us, someone else called too.

Oops(I mentioned the "B" word again...)

Coming home yesterday I called into the charity shop, I haven't done that for a while, found two M&S jumpers and paid the princely sum of £1.98. One is in a red wine colour and the other in lilac.

Staying home and I'll have more of my pork casserole, may set the washer away or leave it until tomorrow now and if the weather stays fine get it onto the washing line for drying.

Going to play some Facebook games and do some tasks around the house. And the Music Club to look forward to tonight.

Hopefully getting an early start this year and will be on top of it all to enjoy it. But lets get the hospital appointment out of the way first.

I heard a radio programme at lunchtime. A financial survey of 2,000 older people showing that older people are really happy.  I'm sure many are and good luck to them all, its good to know more are if that survey is reliable but the clue is that the survey was instigated by a bank/building society.

The radio show kept asking callers "Is this the best time of your life" A slanted question and I think we would like to know the ratio of happy callers to unhappy callers and who was not put through to the studio. 99% of callers were taking holidays abroad and doing expensive hobbies and all in excellent health.

A positive attitude does make such a difference to your outlook on life. I was glad that they did at least acknowledge that some older people have health and financial issues, Someone was unable to do what she once could because she had had a stroke, another was caring for his wife who was bedridden and had been for four years and he himself is 83.

Some can't because they have no choice or because they prefer reading a book, gardening, making something, being involved in the community etc...one size does not fit all and happiness is personal to the individual. Simple does not always mean being sad and miserable. Sometimes you have to accept your lot and count your blessings. I can see it from both sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home