My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lulu...

The long awaited concert booked ages ago happened on Tuesday. An Evening with Lulu. I am glad that I can say I have seen her. Myself and a couple of others had a great view...until we had the largest bloke in the theatre sit in front of us. He was wider than the seat with a stocky build and quite high compared to everyone else so we had to try and see around him. Usually its not such a problem as the this theatre and the layout of the seats guarantees a great view wherever you are.

Look...the show was great. I liked her. She gave her all and performed a full programme. She moved well, she looked good(years younger than her physical age)and she sounded terrific too(when I could hear her)

I'll qualify that...the sound mix needed some tweaking so her voice could carry over the band but they were so loud(and had many powerful speakers)they drowned her out. The sound had so much bass it was more like a rumble even our seats were vibrating.

The second half was better because the band stripped down a little so you could hear her better(perhaps they'd fiddled with the sound too)

It over ran slightly so even with a bus back to the station I had to hang around for the last bus for almost an hour. That's OK. Lucky there is one.

Wednesday nothing happened, I rested(Shoulders were aching a bit)I watched the dreaded budget. I'm telling fibs. I meant to and I fell asleep. But I listened to the reaction that followed.

Today, I'll admit it. It was a bingo night. I broke even and was approx £6 up so the night was free. It was...just for fun. I had had an exciting little shop before going purchasing Strawberries and Bananas(just to stay healthy)That was all I planned to buy but(and it shows that supermarkets)could be like pound shops if they wanted to be...I spotted some items for £1.

Though I usually keep my doors/windows locked, I found some door alarms(one for the front and back doors)a thermometer, pillow protectors(two in a packet)and a pill organiser(which holds pills for upto a month)and my luxury was some lemon Viennese Whirls(on offer)to share with others on Sunday.

I'm easily pleased. Therefore the £6 came off my shop.

Oh at short notice I found a music club quite close to home(it has a little concert once a month)and the entry fee and drinks are quite inexpensive and kept saying I'll go and I forgot. This time I made the effort. I knew the guests that were singing so knew I would be in for an entertaining night.

And they are trying to keep music alive and we don't get much on this town, hopefully I'll go again.

The monthly music club has come around again for tomorrow. Its a little bit expensive but you do get a few acts and food in the deal(and if I get a free lift home that helps cut down the cost)go whilst I can is my motto.

The compare has had an accident(its known as in the public domain)and amongst other things he has broken his nose, it needs more work(he cannot breathe)so at short notice another local celeb(who sings/tells jokes is filling in for him)I was talking with him on Monday as he'd come through to this Monday venue.

At present I am not out as much but I feel chipper but when I do its all local entertainment which is quite "Cheap"and(without meaning to be offensive)amateurish. But they are quality. To be honest I doubt I would have the courage or be able to get up and do what they do.

I'm going to rest now, have a coffee and listen to the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home