My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Wow Ten Hours of Sleep...

But I guess I needed it. I was cosy. A great concert last evening and the vocalists were in my humble opinion better than usual. Some of the music was new to me but we did get a selection of popular music associated with Vienna when there were composers like Strauss.

I spotted something unusual coming home from the theatre regarding Darlington's clock tower. I assume its a Christmas thing but I have never seen it before. I wish I had had the chance to take better images but the bus was due. I'd have loved to have taken some of the theatre show too...I might've got away with it but I did not try. I never heard an annoucement this time saying that you couldn't.



The buses ran as normal. The concert over ran, I came out of the theatre, caught a town bus ten minutes later across the road from the theatre. It arrived at my bus stop for home around twenty minutes before it was due.

I have avoided going out...its been raining again...flooding in surrounding areas. Some areas I am unfamiliar with because I have never had a reason to go there or buses don't go there. If they are mainly housing estates I'd have no reason to go anyhow. I am sure that many are fed up/counting the cost of all the rain that has fallen or seen water come down from hills and add to the levels of rivers. Parts of my county have been affected or threatened to be affected again.

I'm about to shave, pack up my buffet(still using up Christmas food)for tonight's Music Club.

Today would've been my Father's Birthday. It went quite well and I was not troubled and yes I did think of him. Rather appropriate my choice of concert last night as he would've loved it. So I did it for the both of us.

Update:Some of my gang were missing, I went out for a later bus but that bus unbeknown to me changes its time and I missed it by two minutes. Any other time I would've been 10 mins early. So I had to take a very slow walk to the club. I saw most of the night. At least I made the effort to go(and I won a little prize on the raffle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home