My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Sunday Already...

Its wet and horrible outside so I stayed in. But where was I going to go? Not sure if the Sunday Bingo is happening. As the main person who goes has...a cold. Then I have to decide whether to cry off myself or go alone.

The latest news is that she may be going after all.

I had a little bus ride yesterday to a neighbouring town approx three and half miles away and it really looks dead. They have the essentials on the high street but are struggling. The reasonably sized supermarket closed not long before Christmas and so apart from a couple of betting shops(they were empty as I passed by)some old pubs(they were quite empty)those that still remain open...

I found a fruiterers closing early, a really small convenience store, a shop selling cheap food but that was empty too, the baker's had closed earlier in the day. One Costa Coffee was just about managing but again not many in there and it closes at 7pm(I think)

It looked pretty miserable to be honest. The bus service is quite limited especially once you hit 6pm. And don't talk about Sundays.

This town keeps building more houses and bringing people into the town but I suspect they have access to their own transport and go elsewhere for entertainment and shopping.

It was once important and has a big connection to the history of the Railways. I have a feeling it is having difficulty hanging onto the young and they probably disappear because work is hard to find.

I did come across a shop(closed again)but it looked interesting. Selling electrical goods(probably reconditioned/second hand)but they looked good quality, fridges, fridge/freezes and washes. I'm tempted if goods can be delivered. More choice inside I suspect. In the window I saw an under the counter fridge selling for £25 and a similar fridge/freezer for £49. It could be handy for when my food supply is just a little too much for the present model to cope. Even if you got a couple of years service at that price its a bargain.

I'm getting through food easier than I at first thought that I may. If I'm at the club tonight I'll take some with me.

On the way home I found some lovely sandwiches yesterday(worth £12)I paid £1.68 I'd never pay full price. Various cheeses but mixed with ham hock and fillings. Another was beef with again fillings. Also one with Crayfish and some combination of other ingredients. The bread used was also a little different. I do not think that I have had Crayfish before. I'm told they resemble Lobster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home