My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Honestly...I Am Not Feeling Sorry For Myself...

I turned a Beef and Vegetable casserole with Ale Gravy serving four into four meals, there's a surprise(I added extra veg)and button mushrooms. Its worth £6(I paid £2)I ate one portion last night and have three still enjoy. Even with my additions that's approx £1 per meal and portion wise enough.

Perhaps I knew something without realising it...I was in bed around 6pm yesterday and slept most of the night away. I have a tickly throat which is now a tickly cough. I have a slight sniffle too. So yes as the last few days of the year play out I seem to have a head cold. What I dislike when I get a cold and it turns into a cough is that when I do my joints hurt especially my knees when I am in bed.

Lots of self induced TLC required. Its not Man Flu. I will have lots of warm drinks and perhaps call into the supermarket tonight for some sweets to ease my throat. Whether they are made for the purpose or just boiled sweets.

I have the Beef casserole but I do have vegetable soup mix and chicken so I may have a go at some home made chicken broth(chicken the "cure" of most things)

I have some reduced priced meat joints which are now safe in someone else's freezer. A rack of pork and a 5 bird roast. That person has given me so ideas how I can make them last a lot longer and get many meals from them. A bargain. A couple of small one's in my own fridge which I will cook in the next 48 hours and then take the advice given or ask if she can put some of the meat in her freezer. I'll portion it out in slices.

I think that I shall be OK for tonight's music club. I will take it easy for the rest of the day. I will take some party food for our table. I still have some for my New Year buffet for myself.

I purchased some New Year cards yesterday which I will drop off at neighbours homes soon for those I did not get Christmas cards for(and mail a couple off to those who live away)and I can still remember the address of(I have misplaced my address book)so some will not be included.

Its quite mild and it was through the night without any need of central heating, it was 20c/70f. More of that please.

Time for a coffee and my meds I think.

Update:Staying in...until tonight. Close to my bed...doing OK. Should anyone knock at my door/ring the doorbell I won't be answering. Surviving the cold quite well, just my knees giving me jip(when I cough)I'll take painkillers around 5pm and perhaps some more at the club.

I have some sausage rolls, cheese, pork pies, mini turkey and stuffing pasties perhaps some little cakes for the buffet. I left crisps with my friend which she will bring tonight.

You do wonder where you catch colds when you don't mix with others that much but in a supermarket or travelling on a bus its understandable. And I do have an immune deficiency problem anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home