My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Storm Frank...

fizzled out around 1pm yesterday, it stopped suddenly. It was as if it never happened.

I felt not too bad and the weather was mild so I took a bus ride.

The cough and cold improved but it turned into a chill.

I was cold and shaking initially and then I became hot. Not enough to say I was sweating. In the end I was quite cosy. I went back to bed.

All I plan to do today are some light meals and my buffet later. But plans can change.

If I do disappear I'll see you next year(in reality we're only talking hours)

Wishing you all the very best for 2016.

Update:I popped out for my computer magazine but will probably stay indoors until Sunday night and the usual weekly bingo and turn. Monday I have my Viennese Music Concert at a local theatre.

I don't think I will eat everything I am about to list in my buffet selection tonight but I have salt and; vinegar twists(or maybe they call them twirls)turkey and stuffing pasties, hog roast sausage rolls, cheese, crackers, mini savory eggs, ham baps, mini pork pies with chutney, cherry tomatoes, chocolate and prosecco cake. I don't think that's a bad variety*

*Not forgetting various chutneys, pickled onions and on the cracker front I could've purchased more(I didn't)various boxes of crackers with a variety of biscuits in them reduced in price after Christmas. An example? Jacobs Brand £3 now £1.50 a box. Another supermarket was still selling them at £3. I did miss out on some expensive chocolates they went very quickly and some people had four or five boxes.

I let myself down this year on not having any trifle or desserts.
*

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For God's sake, put your heating on!

Not that you will probably listen to me...

31 December 2015 at 11:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's all sorted :-) Cough almost gone, sniffles too. It started approx Tuesday and I've shaken it off within 48 hours. Was talking to someone on Twitter he went down with the Lurgi on Monday and is just able to say he's OK now.

My appetite is OK so I will make an effort later.

31 December 2015 at 14:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do have your heating on when you're ill and when the weather is like this - it's not good for you or for your house (dampness issues) if you don't have it on - and you do tend to paint the picture in my mind of a Victorian scene, you sitting there shivering in fingerless gloves etc and refusing to turn on the heating....

A-L

31 December 2015 at 15:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Remarkably its mild indoors and no I am not cold :-) I'm about to have coffee. I was going to have a vodka and lemonade later but think I'll have a can of cider instead.

What a good job I was not booked for the N Year's Eve night at the club after all.

I treated myself to a rare Euromillions Lucky Dip for tomorrow and paid my rent earlier when getting my magazine.

Its colder out there today than any of the previous days when we were told to expect the worst. The wind was really cold and I could feel freezing rain in the air. When I came out of the shops it had rained but stopped.

I don't think that many people bother with New Year anymore.

I did a little housework earlier and threw some rubbish out and I almost have another wash load to be done.

I usually lay my buffet out but may just leave everything in the food containers.

31 December 2015 at 18:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. I echo previous comments on, out your heating on when it's cold. It's not a luxury p, it's a necessity and you are frugal enough in other things. Best wishes for 2016

31 December 2015 at 20:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home