My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Public Holiday?

One of those is it or isn't type.

As I went to the Sunday Bingo I suddenly had a thought as I finally put my calendar on the hall wall (and saw in small print for today's date)its a deferred bank holiday from Saturday(Its an official one if you live in Scotland)

Alarm bells rang and I thought, I have a concert tonight in a neighbouring town and recently across the "Festive Fortnight" the bus services have either stopped altogether on specific days, running a Saturday schedule during weekdays and sometimes stopping as early as 8pm.

I came onto the internet and discover services back to normal in general and was relieved but a little more research and not quite. They are running normal until 6pm(ish)and then they are dropping the other regular service so I am down to one bus per hour so if I cannot manage to get back to the bus stop in the town centre by 22.15 I will have to wait until 23.15. I usually have two services every half hour.

At a push I have one complicated way to get home but I have to do that I'll reluctantly absorb the cost of a taxi ride home* But free or £4.50 fare is better than approx £15.

Its an easy day...I only have to shave. grab something to eat, watch the return of a favourite TV series on BBC1 early afternoon "Father Brown" perhaps an afternoon cookery show while I have my tea. Then go...I may do another hour of housework.

Its just me but unless some extra shows are slipped into the itinerary of the two main theatres I can access there is little of interest to me for the next year and I have all my tickets up to the end of April and for on production in July. Remakably that's nine shows. Go whilst I am able(financially/health wise)One theatre is going to be closed for almost a year for refurbishment. So this year I may be out less at organised entertainment. Unless the student and amateur drama productions(which are less expensive)continue through the year and they are doing productions that appeal. I usually book but I may turn up on the spur of the moment as you can usually get a seat.

*I nearly deleted my talk about the buses because after writing that, I went onto the website again to check information and the other service has been re-instated so I don't know if that's a new decision or the omission was an error. I am now awaiting a response direct from the bus company via Twitter to find out what is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home