My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Its Turning Nasty Out There...

But when you have to go...you have to go. Luckily I did some planned tasks earlier in the day when the weather was OK. The right decision...vegetables, fruit, a ticket for a show in February. The announcement about Dad should be in the newspaper on Friday. It went well. I managed to visit all the places and allowing for waiting for buses and actual journey times, walking to the bus stop from home and back again it was all done in the space of three hours but I was cutting it fine.

The sore throat has returned. But I have water, crisps, throat sweets, jelly beans and treacle caramels. They hopefully will keep me going whilst watching the concert at the theatre tonight. Hopefully I'll not be coughing and annoying those around me, I have taken painkillers to make walking easier.

If it finishes at the time I think that it will I will connect with a bus outside the venue to save me walking to the town centre and the bus stop that gets me home. I don't think I'll make the earliest bus home but probably will make the 22.45. There is a last one at 23.15 but that is not free. This town has a different system to the rest of the county.

I will be heading out in another thirty minutes or so. If successful I can connect with a bus nearer to my home compared to other times.

I'd take my brolly(it rained this afternoon)but if I can stay dry going, it doesn't matter when you are coming home because you can change and you will if its time for bed.

I witnessed something distressing around 9.45am in the town centre. I would've stepped in to help but plenty of people came forward. A man was walking seemingly ok and did not slip or trip and the pavement was not wet.  Suddenly down he went(backwards)not sure if his head hit the ground. His glasses went flying. Within ten minutes there was an ambulance. People had found something for him to rest his head and a duvet to keep him warm. From a bus stop round the corner I could see he was still being attended to and soon afterwards another two ambulances arrived.

When I came out of the building where I was submitting the announcement for my Father an ambulance flew past(I assume carrying him)with lights flashing and the siren going.

This afternoon I discovered that he had died. That he had been unwell minutes before in the post office which is only a few metres from where he collapsed. It could very well be that he had a stroke or heart attack before he hit the ground. Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home