My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 15, 2016

I Won The Bingo...

So got my money back and then an extra £5.50. I was thinking of buying a DAB alarm clock radio at a a discount supermarket that came to the exact money I had from the bingo and then I thought I wonder what other radios are around. I could've waited for Argos to open(a catalogue store)but went into Tesco's.

I found a radio that had been discounted by £10 but was £9 more than I planned to spend but and this is a little technical...

My original DAB radio packed up and yes I had a second one(I was going to say I don't remember how)I do now, I got one for Mum to keep her company for her last few weeks in the Care Home before losing her. I used to be able to play the first model through the old PC and listen to the radio whilst recording some radio to hard drive but the one I have cuts out as I have to use the earphone socket so I can't listen at the same time,


I could on the original model or have to play the radio via I-Player/internet. I was going to but a cheap bedside DAB/FM alarm clock so I can listen to that when the other radio cannot be heard but I found a portable and this performs better than the one I already have(which is supposed to be great brand)and it can be played into the PC so I can hear it again in stereo.


They are both mono but when connected to another system like a PC/Laptop or speakers it becomes stereo. And like the alarm clock DAB this can made to switch off at a time you decide and come back on to wake you. Seems a good buy to me.

I have a big chicken casserole on the slow cooker which I may save for the weekend in case I don't have room for the buffet at the music event later.

I have picked up a couple of food bargains that did not break the bank 4kg of potatoes, two big fruit and custard trifles, two cauliflowers and I paid...16p for the lot. And quality wise they are OK.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cauliflower cheese is on the menu, then? ;)

A-L

15 January 2016 at 11:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

A very good idea. That casserole I said I may save...I didn't :-)

And the weather has been kind so the show will probably go ahead without any problems.

Its actually quite a nice sunny day and no shopping to do so tonight I will probably taking no extra baggage with me.

Perhaps a camera, money for my ticket, bus pass and mobile phone which all fit easily in my jacket pockets.

The phone is mainly used as a personal radio. I've no one to phone and don't expect anyone to phone me.

If I could take my own drink I would but I'll probably have to buy at least one but I'll make it last. If I think I can getaway with a bottle of water. I'll take that.

15 January 2016 at 13:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home