My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Afternoon Naps...

Are OK, if they don't become nightmares...and seem real. I'd guess that mine lasted in reality 30 minutes.

The dream is fading and a bit mixed up but I know it involved me being on some kind of bus/coach ride. I got off somewhere. I purchased some greetings cards and then went back to get back on the bus and found it was pulling away.

Somewhere along the way I had misplaced my carrier with the cards I'd purchased and was looking for it. Then I realised that I had no trainers on so I was walking in my socks. So I was then looking for them too.

And thought I had found them but they were larger and belonged to someone else.

I found an ordinary bus to take me back to the destination I was headed to on the other bus and it was taking forever. I attempted to use my mobile phone to phone my Father and was having such a job to find his number and connect. As far as I know he never saw a mobile phone or a computer and he passed away 32 years ago anyhow.

I was asking the driver when we would arrive and how long it would be before the return journey would start and we'd arrive and that was going to be four hours so I was going to miss the evening meal at the hotel. The other mix up in the dream was that I was expecting my Dad to pick me up when the bus arrived at the destination it was travelling to before the return journey...if that makes sense. I bet some psychiatrist could have some fun with that one.

I'd guess it would involve missing those dearest to me(my Mum and Dad)wondering if I would get back to the safety of home and the secure feeling I had with them, probably could read something into the loss of my possessions too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing which I feel this dream is about - and what I sense from some of your blog posts - is that you wish you were a little boy again, being looked after by your parents, no responsibilities. The bus ride could represent your life and the uncertainty currently, and your parents can't come and help you out and you can't go back to being a child again and feeling secure.

A-L

17 January 2016 at 20:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm calling it a night mare perhaps that's unfair. Your interpretation makes a great deal of sense. Thank you.

17 January 2016 at 23:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home