My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Great Night...

Local bands performed plus two sets from the Haley Sisters, Brian Smith an ace guitarist(he's married to one of the sisters and their "Dad" He's a character and also amazing.




There was also The John Wrightson Band who appear at the Music club I go to. It had just been John's Birthday so we had to have a Birthday cake didn't we?



The Jig Doctors made their first appearance. I have seen a fair few different combinations of the performers in this band over a couple of years. Another band with family connections, the guitarist and flautist are Father and Son. They have played at my club but not for some time.


And a regular favourite of many music clubs in the area(mine included)John Weighell.


It was icy and a flurry of snow had obviously fallen when I arrived. Its amazing what a few miles can do. But all acts got to the venue safely and home again. If I had access to a car or public transport was better I could get around to more venues(sometimes free)often were not talking of big distances.

There is a "Free" music event on Sunday evenings as in 23 miles(probably quicker if the bus takes a more direct route)but on a Sunday...there are no buses. I don't think that they have any running locally for people who live there either.

I was given a lift home(that saved on the taxi fare)Also a very kind gesture, much appreciated. We were well fed at the buffet too.

Desktop is still refusing to fire up. I may go looking around some of the computer shops this weekend to try and get clued up what I need and should be thinking of spending.

I may be able to find some second hand refurbished desktops* But if I have to splash out I may do the whole lot and buy a laptop and a tablet. We'll see.

Update:Nothing written now affects what I have previously said and I have only added some extra stuff(and images that I promised)

I don't like parting with the money and am lucky to have enough to buy a replacement computer. I think I may've had to use the credit card otherwise but I like to avoid doing that especially if I end up paying extra in interest. I believe we've found a suitable laptop. Not expensive but not cheap. My repairman thinks the failed desktop may by in need of a power unit(if that is all)and its not throwing money after bad that is again a cheap solution for now.

He doesn't rate tablets. However, if I had one I could surf the net when travelling on my bus journeys and use free Wi-Fi. It also takes images, plays audio and video files amongst other things. Easier to take with me than a laptop but larger than a phone.

There is one(not many left)on offer at a popular supermarket, well priced(saving of £30)so as I am having to spend I am debating if I should go that extra mile.

I'm having the rest of my chicken casserole as a late supper. I stayed in almost all day but wondered if I could see any of the computers in the shops on the town. That's how I found this tablet.

I picked up a catalogue from Argos to see what they have and that was in any case where I was thinking of buying this computer from and my repairman thinks its as good as any available. Still falls short on a couple of technical matters but that's par for the course these days with most manufacturers and products they make.

These pages and models will eventually disappear but at the date I am writing they are online.

*Repairman doesn't have any at present and says they are less popular these days but I still like them.

I purchased a Lucky Dip in the Euromillions on Friday and had a little win. Hoorah! Small is the word...£3 so I can take all of the win or buy another ticket and have the remaining £1 in my pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home