My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ironic...

that as the sad incident was taking place in front of my eyes, news reaches me that another person on the town around the same time was being taken away in an air ambulance after suffering a heart attack.

He appears to be receiving treatment and doing OK.

I found myself falling asleep a little during the concert at the theatre on Monday evening. Its been years since I was in the Dress Circle. And I am so happy that I switched to the stalls downstairs. It may change when the theatre closes for its refurbishment later this year but it was so cramped. It was warm and I was as I said earlier not at my best(sore throat)and tired.

I spent most of Tuesday sleeping it off at home. It seems that it has been going around as one of the performers at the Music Club though present tonight was not singing due to symptoms like my own as in it hurts when you swallow.

I decided not to rush for the bus that I usually go for and took the next, I did not miss much of the night. I probably only missed fifteen minutes. I am tempted to go for at this time in future. It was quite wild earlier(gusts of wind)but it seems to have quietened down. The bad weather we were promised never materialised. I never heard it.*

I'll do more tidying today and perhaps a nice stew in the slow cooker again.

It is the last day of an exhibition at a school/arts centre on the town which has been given permission to exhibit items associated with Anne Frank of the diary fame and I understand the items were loaned by the museum in the Netherlands. I have to admit my town is not known for having an exhibition building and it is not usual that a display of note happens. It is more likely in much larger towns and cities and without an organised trip or access to a car, using public transport puts you off.

And even the big museums are struggling financially and on the numbers attending. One big museum in Durham City is being wound up and many people are unhappy. They keep saying that it will be relocated and none of the collection will be sold off but many do not believe what they are being told.

Later in the day I will do some more housework and I am thinking a beef stew in the slow cooker for my evening meal.

*It seems to be quite blustery now that Wednesday has finally arrived and since I wrote the above. Its been raining through the early hours too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home