My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 09, 2016

I have Been Quite Good...

though I did slip to the shops for around an hour late afternoon. I didn't go mad but I purchased some stars for my tree for next Christmas, two little Christmas mugs and some window suckers for putting lights on windows. All half price.

I bumped into the two people I did yesterday, how coincidental is that?

It had stopped raining when I went out and was quite mild but it started to pour down on my journey home. And stopped as I reached my house. Having said that. It keeps raining off and on since getting home and now the wind is starting up. I see a wild night ahead.

I have had coffee and had two sandwiches of ham hock with extra mature cheddar with tangy onion and ale chutney, free range egg mayonnaise on oat barley bread.

I found some more sandwiches today(not as cheap)but still a bargain, at least that they were all half price or less. I couldn't buy the ingredients any cheaper and I'd have to cook some of the ingredients.

Perhaps I'll find something to watch or listen to later on.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to your tree - did you manage to take it down before 12th Night? :)

A-L

10 January 2016 at 10:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Oh Dear...dare I admit that is my next task. Good job I'm not superstitious. Maybe I'll start tonight when I come in from bingo and the quiz.

I'm on my own tonight. The gang are full of cold so staying away. So I'll use a bus there and back. Luckily the one bus that still runs through my town stops virtually outside the venue. And the return one runs near by at the time I usually leave. And the stop for boarding/coming home is not too far from home. Keep thinking they'll take it off but for now that's quite good.

I have a couple of sandwiches and a small packet of crisps :-) I only have to get shaved which I will do in the next few minutes. I have to be out by 7.15pm.

Hope your tears is going well so far x

10 January 2016 at 18:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My year (i presume you meant year) is going good, thanks. :) Planning some trips abroad. :)

At least if you dismantle the tree, you can get it through the door so you can set it up somewhere better in December this year! :)

A-L

10 January 2016 at 19:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm typing with a keyboard that has some letters missing and "R" and "T" are next to each other ;-) I'm usually quick to spot text errors.

That's true about the tree...things are falling into place. I have a couple of items I have found now its the New Year.

Last year one retailer was really good about reducing the price of trees, decorations and lights but the ones nearest me at present are still charging quite a lot of money for Christmas items.

They may take the merchandise away before there is a chance of prices reducing any further.

11 January 2016 at 20:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home