My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 04, 2015

Disappointed But Not Surprised...

at the outcome of a big debate in the Houses Of Parliament. I listened and watched most of it...all 10+hours of it.

Can you believe I had to get out for a break and I was in my local supermarket at around 1am yesterday morning? Good job that I feel safe on the streets.

I didn't buy a lot but spent a fair bit. Cherry tomatoes, clover spread(1kg)size(spent £4)saved £4. But I purchased another Christmas gift(OK it was the supermarket brand)but I got a large bottle of vodka.

Those remaining socks perhaps today. Then my friend wants a CD/DVD cleaning kit which I am unable to find locally so I'm thinking a trip to Middlesbrough. Had I known a shop there sells them and I was looking in their window when I was on that recent trip there. So who knows I may take a bus ride later today.

Then I think I need two more gifts and then everyone is sorted out. One its a token gift and he likes booze so that's quite an easy choice.

Its not cheap but being careful with money I am going to clear out/make space in my freezer and get food items in for Christmas and if I am still eating it next year so be it...

I always do myself out of Christmas treats. So I plan to have a variety of vegetables/stuffings and meats(ham, turkey, pork. lamb, gammon and possibly a three bird joint)sausages wrapped in bacon and a selection of cheese. None of the meat will be the traditional shape. Therefore it will be easier to cook and cut when its cooked. The fancy word I believe is carve.

I will eat small portions so I do not overwork my kidneys eating lots of protein. They are more concerned with red meat.

I'll also consider having some drink in my home too. Not a lot but some. And like last year I will also do myself a buffet for New Year's Eve and toast the New Year when it arrives even though its just me.

I assume I am still on for my Christmas lunch but my friend has an infection and may need another op. We are hoping not but if so it does not mean he is in hospital for Christmas.

Another slight change of plan...I may go and see the play at Durham tonight. But otherwise the day at Durham Cathedral remains the same on Saturday but it means I can come home earlier and not be doing too much in one day. I have now discovered there is Christmas Carol Service I did not know of. So its a Cathedral Day. Services and a market all within the Cathedral. And I can come home at a reasonable time.

I'll probably go around lunchtime to be sure that I secure a decent seat. Last year I saw nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home