My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Somehow...

Monday passed by. The weather was still as awful. But still nowhere as bad as further North. Over the weekend Christmas Markets were called off but not without them being wiped out by blustery winds. Even a massive passenger ferry broke its moorings and was possibly damaged.

The UK now has name for storms, I did not know this new one was so bad it had been given a name again.

Here it was just wet.

I played bingo. I almost broke even winning two houses and a line. But as I shared a taxi home and caught one going there I was £2.70 out of pocket.

I purchased some vegetables to have in casseroles and stews via the slow cooker. Too late(but I know for another time)one of the discount supermarkets is doing a meal of chunky freshly prepared vegetables with chicken thighs/drumsticks for £2.49 and all you do is put it into an oven or a slow cooker. I can get two meals from that(not bad for a single bloke)its ideal for Winter. At a push I can do that myself by buying individual ingredients if they decide to discontinue it but that's a good buy to me.

I have been surfing the internet most of the evening, listening to the radio and now I am going to turn in and hopefully get a good night's sleep and start afresh in the morning.

Not much planned for the week ahead or different to any week. Music Club tonight. Bingo Thursday night but I hope weather permitting on Saturday to go to a market in the cloisters of Durham Cathedral, then get there reasonably early so that I may witness a special service where a procession of children enter with lanterns, there is a little play and an appearance of St Nicholas(last year I could not see anything)

If time allows I'll catch a bus and take some images of the Cathedral near the college I was at the weekend then go back into the town and to a little theatre near the Cathedral where two plays are being performed. And then finally home probably on the last bus I suspect. I'll take it easy the days before and on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home