My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

In The Great Scheme Of Things...

There is little to cheer us up as we head for Christmas. Not as a nation anyhow...Food banks, people having to decide between heating and eating, many struggling to care for loved ones and a Government determined to push through austerity plans even though we keep being told that we are one of the richest economies in the world...and now by this time tomorrow we may have heard our Parliament has taken us into another war.

Even though the majority of information about public opinion and many of those who represent us in Parliament are against voting for a motion that will escalate matters further.

There are some things that we are unable to do much about though we can keep trying and have to hope all will turn out fine.

In some ways the rush to push through the vote and the time of the year(and with other news stories that are happening)it may favour the vote being successful. Its often down to tactics and timing. I hope that I get a surprise.

I'll take to my bed and hide under the duvet. It was a good night at the music club(you can forget what is happening)and everyone is happy. I probably paid for it but money raised goes towards helping the club survive...I won a tin of Christmas Shortbread Biscuits in the raffle so we both win.

I got an OK on the socks so as suggested I may buy some more. And give them as presents. The weather is horrible outside and the wind is blowing though the weather forecaster has just said on the radio how mild it is...if he thinks so...fine...I don't.

I think I shall have a coffee and make up a hot water bottle again. I have thermals on(well the top half)so I may put some brushed cotton PJ bottoms on. My woolly hat too. This is early(ish)for me. As I am staying in...I think I will make it a day for washing/drying clothes and putting them away. Washing and putting crockery away in cupboards. Throwing some rubbish out and yes I will decorate my tree.

I will also set up another meal in the slow cooker for later and perhaps have soup for lunch. And porridge and fruit for breakfast. I can do it the microwave but as I am not in hurry I may use the slow cooker instead. If its only a small amount of liquid a slow cooker is not that slow to be honest.

I don't think I will get it done before the New Year but I may look into getting one of those lights for the front of the house that lights up if someone is near for both security and safety but I need someone to fix it onto the property. I may let them choose it too...I have no idea what is a good product. I don't know if it should be connected to the electric or solar/battery power could work as well.

I have a porch light but that has to be switched on manually from inside and therefore it doesn't light up automatically and the other option would be to leave it switched on for hours and hours.

Mot that many people call but it would act as a safety feature for me when coming home late at night, others that pass by/call. As it is quite dark around my home. Though I leave lights when I am out at night. Always the landing light with internal doors open to other rooms and that one light therefore lights up three bedrooms, a bathroom, the toilet, kitchen, hall, lounge and landing.

Only one room is missed and that's the dining room which is at the back of the house and surrounded by a secure garden with fences and other property that faces on to my home and properties on either side. And doors that stop entering the passage that runs alongside my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home