My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Day Went Well...

It turned out different in some ways. I was two hours later than planned but it went like clockwork. Withdrew money from the bank. Purchased theatre tickets for shows in January en route(Joe Brown concert...A new show they say and I left it so late to book/the seats went so quickly I am in the Dress Circle not the stalls. Given time its a fair bet I could see this show at another theatre and be nearer but you never know so I see them when I can.

The other is a Viennese New Year concert that I have seen these past three years and doubt it will be much different to others)Certain favourites will be played but they do vary the selections played. I journeyed to Marske to a kind of event I saw advertised but though I hope it was a success I had seen everything within 5 minutes so I caught a bus back to Redcar.

I sat and watched the sea roll in. Peaceful and restful. To be honest it seemed pretty quiet for a Saturday at the beach and also in the shops. It was warm and sunny but sun did not manage to burn off low cloud and fog over the sea.

Therefore I only took a couple of images...Perhaps I'll take more on another trip. I did post some others quite some months ago.



I had a little shopping trip in town and found some large containers but that look like those beakers with screw tops on them so they can be used to store liquid and dry food in, They are OK for microwave use too. And can be used as...beakers(4 for £1.99) Four little containers(300grams each) again that can be used in the microwave with strong lids(again for storing food)same price. Either ideal to take out for a picnic in a cool bag/box/rucksack or OK in a fridge. For £3.99 a decent food flask with thermos type lining which can keep food hot or cold for up to 9 hours. Also has two internal containers. Quite pleased with them.


I went back to the sea and sat awhile longer. Then caught a bus back to the bus station in Middlesbrough just missed the connection to Darlington to get me back to my town but another came along 20mins later. So all was fine. And in Darlington I found the connection to my town waiting for me.

Popped into the supermarket here for cake and crisps for tomorrows usual buffet for my bingo group and as I walked home finally it rained and once indoors some lightening too but nothing to really speak of and as its so warm hopefully it will cool things a little.

Oh also purchased some double sided adhesive pads for fastening/securing items to walls/into albums etc...that's because as went out for the day I found my doorbell in two pieces(the main part)was on the path outside the front of the house and it had been raining. Luckily the casing was not damaged but the inside was wet. I soaked the dampness up with a tissue. It did not seem broken internally and when the button was pressed it still lit up but no ringtone.

A bit more work and it started working again. I have secured it again and it seems good and solidly attached but that's why I purchased the pads for the future.

I'm resting and have had coffee. I may still cook myself some fish and chips with mushy peas before the end of the night too.

Update:As the night has gone on there has been much rain, a little more lightening but not as much of the latter as some areas near me. I had around four hours of deep sleep missing some programmes I was listening to. I may still get some more yet. Probably have another weak coffee in a few minutes. I've had some toast.

I'll stay close to home I think...do some housework. prepare the buffet, not much to do. I'll pop out later and see if the vintage vehicle event is still on or has been curtailed. If still on hopefully I'll miss any showers. I'll see if I can get any images.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home