My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Still Unsure What's Going On...

with the camera and memory card. I will have to sort it all out soon as I have other events I want to take the camera to. The easy option may be to buy a new memory card as then if its the camera I can still use the new memory card inside a new camera. I don't want to buy one but if that's what I have to do. I am fortunate that at present I can.

Seems pointless attempting a repair if its the camera.

Yesterday was slow. I wanted to go out but the weather was "Yukky" and by 8pm it was so dark and dismal but I did go the local supermarket just for a break and came home with shaving stuff and a marmalade. That exciting. Coming home it was around 10pm and most houses were in darkness or people were already going to bed or perhaps doing what people do in bedrooms these days.

The streets were deserted. It had been raining but turned into that misty spray type rain that hangs about in the air and gets in your face. There was a cold wind blowing and it could've been a November day.

Its messed up the task of gardening...again. It could even mess up weekend plans for me and those putting on outdoor events. We shall have to see.

So its housework. Possibly making the effort of having something nice to eat. And lots of coffee or tea. Bingo tonight.

Thinking of booking a couple of theatre shows for the new year. Once paid for that's it. There isn't too much attracting me at present so some money saved there.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whil;e the weather's bad, why don't you sort out your flower bulbs, get a pen and bit of paper and make a map of where you want your bulbs to be planted in your garden, in order to make a good show? :) Then when the weather is good, you're all organised.

Here's a thought (and I've done this) you could plant some crocus bulbs in a heart shape, for your mum. :)

A-L

20 August 2015 at 10:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What a lovely idea...Can't say I won't be looking for more bulbs in the coming weeks to add to my selection.

You think that you have a lot but when you actually start planting/see them come up in Spring you haven't as many as you thought that you had.

The window cleaner has been(I owed for his previous visit)as well as today's. He's half confirmed an idea I had myself and may go through with.

Its late in the year...the grass is cut and can be again but its nowhere near the height it was, not even as high as my foot.

He suggests why not wait until next year now. Sow the grass in the spring. Kill off the grass and weeds now, not with weed killer etc...but lay black plastic sheeting down.

Let the weeds and grass die off during Winter and start afresh. After all I won't be in the garden during that season.

I can still plant shrubs if appropriate and likewise bulbs in borders/rockery where there is no grass. I can still paint the fences or again leave that as a job for early Spring.

Then all I have to worry about is getting rid of the sacks of grass that I have. We're not allowed to have a bonfire.

20 August 2015 at 15:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do watch out that those plastic sacks don't degrade. My advice is to get rid of them soon, otherwise you may get small animals wanting to hibernate amongst them for winter, especially as the composting grass will be giving off warmth, so I'd clear them as soon as possible. :)

A-L

20 August 2015 at 21:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I've been debating if there was some way rather than having the trouble of having them removed at cost, I could compost the garden rubbish somehow. Either by getting some kind of container or put the grass in the corner of the garden at the back and let it break down. Something else to look into... :-)

20 August 2015 at 23:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home