My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Got A Little Mixed Up...

The event on town of vintage vehicles began on Friday...but not really. The vehicles started to arrive but its mainly today and Sunday that they are on site.

The singer who is appearing in the evening I am fortunate that he plays my music club quite regularly so I have seen him a fair few times already. I am hoping to have a look on Sunday.

Today, I am leaving early for a bus ride(two hours)much quicker by car but this includes three bus changes and waiting around in a bus station. The same coming home but I am going to the coast to place known as Marske.

They have an event planned promoting local businesses/food and entertainment(there's a brass band too)it runs between 10am-4pm so if I am not tired and its interesting enough and the weather is kind I can see it all.

Sadly, due to bus issues even if I wanted to stay into the evening I am unable to, I have to be away no later than 6pm otherwise my journey involves more miles and time being added to the journey and where I can be home by 8pm it will be nearer Midnight.

If I had more money/won the lottery there is not much I actually want. As long as I have decent food, a roof over my head, am warm when its cold the only thing I would add to my wish list would be that I can stay out later when I do go out and be able to afford the cost of a taxi as/when buses are not running and I am not talking of doing it that often or talking advantage of being able to. It is a popular area but other areas on the coast not that far from here I can catch a bus upto a couple of hours later and less hanging around in bus stations or trying to connect to other services. I'm going anyhow.

So have to be out of here by around 7.30am. Luckily being a Saturday there is a bus that early(it would not be so on a Sunday)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you find it hard to walk, do you receive the mobility componant of Disability Living Allowance?

This would enable you to pay for taxis at least some of the time. :)

A-L

22 August 2015 at 09:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Can't you put your memory card in your computer and transfer something onto it?-then your know if the memory card is working or not.

22 August 2015 at 13:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

On your first post, yes for now and I do put it to that use on bad days and should I really have a trip where I am a long way from home because such trips are rare I'll do that. I am really careful with money but I will spend and try not to do without.

I was talking to someone today on my look out and if push comes to shove if I can find a room to stay on spec I'll stay over perhaps have a couple of days somewhere. Come back the next day. I don't even need the breakfast :-)

This person had been in the Isle of Wight a couple of weeks ago and said how a coach holiday takes some beating...journey there and back, hotel, breakfast and evening meal, optional excursions.

The memory card works on the PC and then plays up on the camera or it has for the past four days and I will transfer images and try and save them to a CD/DVD.

Today, it behaved for the few images I took on my trip. I could not take many as though warm and the sun came out it did not burn off the mist hanging over the sea but the rain held off virtually until I reached home.

We had a small amount of lightening then but not a lot of rain. It may've spoiled the event on my town tonight as they hoped to have a BBQ at the vintage vehicle do and a free concert indoors(that may've still happened)

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if the cars and buses are still on show. Thank you X

22 August 2015 at 21:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home