My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Already...

Its the early hours but I have not one but two beans and sausage bakes in the oven and in approx 15 minutes I will be having them for a late supper. What have I done since the last entry?

Well, politically(and this will mean very little for anyone not into politics)and reading possibly abroad but on Friday night I was in my town's Working Men's Club as they are known(my first time ever I think)and I was watching a speaking event by one of the candidates in the Leadership campaign to choose the new leader of the Labour party.

I have all but made my mind up who I am choosing and I have paid my fee for the privilege of doing so whether my vote makes the difference or not. I am trying to have an open mind and listen to the other candidates. Because my area had the last Prime Minister of the Labour Party in recent years and who was massively successful but divided the country especially after he left office because of some very big world events(War)and he was seen as copying or being similar to another Prime Minister but for the Conservative party.

The leadership campaign has thrown up many anomalies and three of the candidates are seen as being similar to each other, The outsider is at present attracting many ex party supporters or people who felt ignored and forgotten and see that the party could change direction and be what they feel it no longer represents value wise.

So I saw Liz Kendall who is trailing behind everyone. For me she is too much like the other parties not as I see Labour or want it to be. I heard passion and a good speaker but no real meat on the bones of policies she would bring.

I haven't seen the other two Andy Burnham and Yvette Cooper but I may try and see her on Monday(she's speaking in Durham)Andy isn't anywhere but Jeremy Corbyn who was the under dog and now leads is speaking on Tuesday and I may try and see him for the second time, I saw him at the Durham Miner's Gala but it was a very quick speech.

Who knows what will happen, what the right decision is for the party or the country at large. We have a difficult time ahead upto and beyond 2020.  Politics is a personal thing to each of us and some will agree and others be against my take on things. Interesting times.

Today I have nothing planned. I may stay home or just take off. The only official task is what I have been doing for some time. The bingo and entertainment in the evening and putting a small buffet together. I'm doing a little less this time...Cherry or plum tomatoes, cheese, crisps, possibly ham or turkey baps and a small treat perhaps a small cake. If I put that together early I won't be rushing things and I can come home a little later if I am out at all.

All I have to do is wash and shave. First buses leave my town around 8.30am(I think)I would just have to decide where to go and how far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home