My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Feel Like A Bit Of A Rant...

on my old favourite of public transport.

I am hoping to go to Middlesbrough today via Darlington. Two big towns in the North East of England. I can catch a bus practically every twenty minutes there and back(that may too often)but OK that's how they run.

However, after approx 19.45 the only way to Darlington is to take a detour, change bus routes a few times, adding many extra miles and hope the connections are on time. An approx 45 minute journey then takes 2hrs 20mins. Perhaps longer.

I don't mind the service being less frequent after a certain time but surely they could run perhaps a bus hourly so you do not have to leave quite so early. It stops you from staying longer and seeing some event that may be taking place especially in the Summer.

You then think I'll catch a local train instead but after 19.55 there are no trains until the next morning.

Yet the trains travel past Darlington to my town and beyond. If you could manage to reach Darlington  there are buses approx every half hour to my town until approx 11pm. But its that first step that is the hurdle. One of many examples. I have a friend that lives in the Middlesbrough area and after quite early on she cannot get a bus back to her estate which is reasonably close by. So even the locals are not taken care of. And this is not a rural area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home