My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Scrub That...

Still doing well and able to sleep. Another person(who works in a pharmacy)suggests a reduction/change of Statin(if that could be the reason for the knee problem)so I'll give it another couple of days. It happens quite often that a change of drug is considered and works. Its been suggested a better time to take Statins is at night.

So I was having a lovely snooze and woke around 8pm(perhaps I was dreaming?)but I was a bit uneasy so as it was still light outside and my mobility was improved I went out and paid my rent at the local off license just before they switched the Pay Point terminal off. I have another bank card which works at the bank so I went to ATM and printed off a mini bank statement. All this is possible at the bottom of my street.

To avoid shopping later today I purchased some basics before the discount supermarket closed. Sea salt, cheese, bread and cheese straws.

I felt as different again when I came in. I made a mug of coffee and listened to my radio music programmes.

They've been going on about the closure of pubs and nightclubs and asking for help to see that they can be saved but we have to realise that times change. Sometimes for good, sometimes we have to adapt or after a time they become popular again. They blamed television for the demise of the cinema years ago, it was also blamed for the reduction of the popularity of radio and going out to pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Now the reason will probably be given as the internet. I can think of many reasons...Many places of entertainment/social interaction are too expensive in comparison to incomes of the many. The hours many find themselves working and again many companies are more strict about employees drinking and coming to work the next day(health and safety)in my own area most of the nicer venues are in neighbouring towns and for me that would mean using taxis/public transport not always inexpensive, not always available for going to, coming home. I have seen larger towns practically dead as early as 8pm-9pm and pubs practically empty. The only two days that seem to be busy are Fridays and Saturdays.

Priorities have changed for many, they get entertainment at home. They can buy cheaper alcohol and share it with friends at home. Also tastes change.

My own town and the immediate area after 10pm there is one 24/7 supermarket open and any local pub will be closed by 11pm(if not before)

And locally(it may different in other parts of the town)but you'll be lucky to see anyone staying up much past 10pm. There is not even the flickering of a TV screen in a dark bedroom. Recently, I am often the only person who stays up in the early hours. At best I am sometimes kept company by two other neighbours in houses in a street at the back of my garden. Otherwise everywhere is in darkness.

I'm not really aware of the 24/7 society I keep hearing of. Though I think we have a couple of factories that work through the night. Not that many though.

The area is pretty dead between 11pm and 5am or even longer unless you are stacking shelves/accepting deliveries in the early hours. Even the train service on the main line seems dead through the night and if I wanted to go say from Darlington to Bournemouth by coach(unless its a holiday)I have two choices leave and travel through the night or be prepared to arrive around Midnight. Years ago I remember leaving at a more reasonable time and having more than a couple of journeys.

We seem to have gone back over the older I become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home