My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Oh My Goodness...

I've just parted with almost £18. Debating if I need to spend more or have enough of...some fabric that you put on a garden for a variety of uses to restrict weeds(often in borders)You can lay it down, make slits in it and put plants in those holes but the rest of the fabric can be covered in bark chippings etc...seemingly moisture will still get through to the soil but sunlight does not so weeds die off and stay dead.

There are other uses. Well I am laying it down on the lawns I cleared at the back of the house using lots of elbow grease, strimming it with a strimmer and weed killer. And being so late in the year I may leave it down during Winter and sow new grass seed in Spring next year. In the meantime it should stop old grass and weeds growing between now and then. I am assured that it can be reused as and when required. I have three rolls each being 8metres by 1.5metres. I'll see if I can get away with the three rolls I have at present. I can move it around the garden to suit its purpose. Still wondering whether to use it in the border in the front garden.


Not planning on starting that task tonight . There's not an urgency to get this done as quickly as possible.

I'm still slow and had to catch a taxi home. The rolls of fabric were not that heavy so carrying the shopping was not really a problem but I decided I wanted a ride home even though again we're only talking a couple of streets. That cost me approx half the cost of another roll of fabric.

Not much to do meal wise  as there are still plenty of "nibbles" from last evenings bingo buffet.

As I expect it to start getting dark within a couple of hours I'm staying in and resting, listening to the radio. I will decide about tomorrow when it happens. I'm still in a reasonably good frame of mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home