My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Almost Ten Thirty PM...

and I am ready for bed. Its been a long day. It turned out that I did not need to go my friend's home as early as I did but because I was "running" late and not comfortable I decided to use a taxi. There was a possibility that they were going on the hospital visit in the afternoon but in the end they went in the evening.

It saved me walking to a supermarket for milk. Then to the bus stop, then walking to the house. The taxi took me to within half a street of where I was going, I popped into a convenience store for milk so was there within seconds.

I'm still not right and I cannot say what has improved matters individually or collectively. But over the day I have had five painkillers. And they are strong! The first of the drug for gout(I doubt that would work that quickly)I found some gel I had been given among other ingredients it contains(Glucosamine, Indian Frankincense and Horse Chestnut)and put two small applications on the troublesome knee.

The knee improved and the hot feeling reduced. Its creeping back a little now as I head for bed but if it continues to do the magic I'll give it a try again tomorrow, The pain reduced and the knee is not as tender to the touch.

I now have another tube of a slightly different formula(Glucosamine, Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Rose Hip and Arnica)If any of the above has helped that's fine by me. I am only allowed a five day course of the gout medication(a course of ten tablets)and there is the suggestion that drug is less successful when you are on a Statin.

I am not flinching when rising from a chair or if I kneel or have to attempt getting up from the floor but the tenderness could be moving to the side of the knee now, It still looks red. I may drink some cherry juice too.

But I should sleep better tonight and if the weather is good tomorrow, the treatment continues to work I shall do what I missed doing today. There is a free event on the green/around Durham Cathedral connected to the exhibition of the Magna Carta. The people are dressed in medieval costumes and also showing skills of the time.  As it starts a little later I can leave here not as early and its all due to be finished by 4.30pm which gives me time to get home and ready for the bingo in the evening.

If its any good I'll take some images and perhaps post some on here.

Update:Three hours of restful sleep so far. I had a drink and am turning in again but though its been difficult here is an image of that knee and its redness as best as I am able. The heat is still dissipating. The following site gives many ideas of what the causes could be(some worrying/some not so worrying)but seeing gout has been mentioned, that is what I am sticking with...or possibly pseudogout and haemarthrosis.  NHS Choices Seeing I have had it since Thursday and its improving I am not thinking bad things.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't rely upon the internet and self-diagnose like that - go and see the dr! Before you get any worse and become incapable of living independently! You wouldn't want that, would you? So stop faffing around and go and see the dr!

A-L

9 August 2015 at 15:26  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks A-L the redness is decreasing :-) Will see how things are at the start of Monday(new week and all that)Dr's surgery opening. At least the NHS site was probably the most reliable to use. I usually avoid self diagnosis as you rightly suggest.

9 August 2015 at 16:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be VERY careful re the painkillers, won't you? If you take too many for a prolonged time, they will cease to be effective. Plus, they could be only masking the pain.

If the redness spreads over a wider area (maybe draw a pen around the area now) do see a dr asap. Then you'll be able to show him that the inflamed area is getting bigger.

But you need to get this sorted, Gildy, so please do see a dr,

A-L

9 August 2015 at 19:27  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's a good idea about marking where a "rash" is and seeing if area it covers grows. I also agree about the getting used to painkillers. Often they only mask a problem. I'm on co-dydramol.

The heat has decreased once again, its not as tender and the area of redness is smaller. Perhaps its the gout meds doing the business. And me being sensible with my diet. And gentle exercise.

I feel ready to relax and listen to some easy listening music on the radio, pity that it only lasts for an hour. May have to go looking for a station on the internet.

9 August 2015 at 23:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home