My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, August 07, 2015

What A Horrible Dull Day...

At least I am indoors. I struggled out late in the day. The knee is not improving. It aches, it throbs. I will see if I can find some muscle cream or take some pain killers.

I came back with a couple of rugs and three fruit shrubs from Aldi's. I tried to check my bank balance when out and for the first time in my life...the ATM kept my card. It did not warn me or ask me to re-enter my pin number.

Work is out for the weekend.

My night is dedicated to one of the few times I bother to switch on my TV and from 9pm until the early hours I am watching a documentary and concert dedicated to Frank Sinatra. The concert is a new one live from the 2015 Proms at the Albert Hall in London with the John Wilson Orchestra and Seth McFarlane singing Sinatra.

I shall drink coffee/tea perhaps have something to eat or have some biscuits. Its a change.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever been to the drs about your knees, and if so, what did they say? Maybe see them again, and ask to be referred - you can't keep on being in pain. Hope you feel better soon!

A-L

7 August 2015 at 21:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

They've never really looked at specific problems and tend to see it as an overall condition, could be the meds, could be the immune system playing up. Been debating if its gout again, perhaps I'll take some of the tablets again or drink some cherry juice.

Not so bad whilst sitting watching the TV :-) Thanks for the kind wishes. Its a bit chilly so I put a jumper on.

With my friend tomorrow. His Dad's op went very well. But he needs a hernia op and they're talking 6mths for that. Not my friend...his Dad. Yet this op was touch and go. At his age I wish that they would complete his treatment.

7 August 2015 at 22:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have discovered the knee that is hurting is hot to the touch whereas the other one seems cool. In fact it is warmer than the rest of my body seems to be. Not sure what that means.

7 August 2015 at 23:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your friend's Dad's op went well. :)
Maybe you should insist to your Dr your knees get checked out - could be arthritis or something, but then at least you would know what has and hasn't been ruled out and something could be done. No point in struggling on in pain.
Any news on your mum's will and therefore the mobilty scooter?

A-L

8 August 2015 at 08:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Still up for the mobility scooter and a new bed. I'm thinking a three quarter bed(divan?)not as big as a double/king size but better than a single.

A new suite of lounge furniture even if I don't go as far as a recliner. Not really bothered if the bed is one of those fancy types that change by using a remote, just a good a quality one.

8 August 2015 at 22:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home