My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 03, 2015

Another Hot Day...

but I guess its humidity that makes the difference. It says 28c/86f on the bedroom thermometer but I feel quite cool and comfortable. Not going anywhere. Going to garden later and can into the evening should I wish to. I have plant food and have combined lawn feed/weedkiller but will pop out and get a dedicated one for the barren ground where I plan to sow new grass from seed.

It seems silly to use the one dedicated to greening grass where there isn't any in the first place. I have a spray bottle of weed killer but that again would take forever if used. Its ok for quick applications.

I may be missing over the weekend as though there is a 10 day event happening on my town I am afraid there is nothing except for two music events of any interest to me and they clash with better events in neighbouring towns. So I will be going out of town.

On Sunday(though I miss 90 minutes due to Sunday bus services)there is a full day 9.30am-4pm of brass bands playing in the grounds of a museum...for free. I'll take my folding seat and some snacks/water though there is a café there.

The trouble is when you are on your own, if you want to go into a café or to the toilet, you have to pack everything up and then put it all out again afterwards.

Tomorrow in Howden Le Wear(never been there before)there is between 11am and 2.30pm the North East Theatre Organ Association's Fantastic FREE Festival of Organs and there are many stalls including Plants, Cakes, Tombola, Teas. The special guest organ is Perlee Street Organ.

Its a look out if nothing else and a bit of a different day to what I had planned. I can do some gardening in the evening if I should wish to. I have sun cream, light clothes and a hat. Being a shorter event I can take a bottle of water and a packet of crisps.

Update:I have weedkiller, it cost me £5 but that seemed reasonable by comparing products. I wanted one that I could put on with a watering can. I found a new can for £3.50 in red and held 7litres(not that I would carry that amount)I couldn't, I'd be all over the place trying to keep my balance and I have to choose when I am able and rest for sometime during/before and after. I then found one that held 6litres for £2 so I purchased that instead. And a spray bottle.

I'm resting until 8pm then I'll get a couple of hours in. I can listen to the radio whilst I work and I'm not making any noise to annoy neighbours. The only garden machines I have are the hedge trimmer and strimmer and they won't be used before Monday during the day.

Oh and I found some velcro for 24p enough to close up the peg bag when its outside and hanging on the washing line. That's another job for me this weekend....seeing where I can fasten a line to as the clothes post went rusty and hasn't been in the garden for decades. Never been offered a replacement. Don't think its worth investing in a rotary dryer.

Further Update:Its wet and horrible so wondering if I should head out as planned or stay home. I may still go as its a bus ride and a change. The weather may change(it has a habit of doing so)and I can go later than planned. I only have to get dressed and shaved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home