My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 26, 2015

I Can't Change Things...

but generally I hate hearing the letter box rattle because its nearly always a bill or bad news. One of those brown envelopes some us receive from a Government department.

I don't really get inundated with "Junk" mail.

However, today I found a show has been cancelled that I was due to see in July as part of a worldwide tour The Judy Garland Story. Sadly one of the cast(the main one)one of Judy's daughters Lorna Luft has had to return to America for treatment for possible Breast Cancer. Its bad enough that any production is taken off but for such a reason even more so. I wish her well.

I have been offered a refund or a transfer to another show in October produced by the same production company. I don't think that there are any well known people in the cast but they are singing and dancing the music of George Gershwin, Irving Berlin and Cole Porter. So I may just switch and go and see it anyhow. I like that kind of music.

What a dull day its looking. I'm still determined to get into the garden between now and tomorrow. I think I have almost decided that shrubs are going into the garden all around the outer edges and I'm looking for types that will offer colour most of the year around either by remaining green or at various times flowering. If I do that it won't really matter if the fences break because they'll be hidden behind the shrubs and they in turn will offer wind break protection and again somewhere for the birds etc...to hide/live.

I hope the weather is kind on Sunday with my two big events planned. I'm listening to the BBC's Gardening Question Time as I write and they're going talk about growing the perfect lawn* I'll never have that but they may advise what kind of grass seed I should be buying and how to sow it.

*I've been misled they're talking about the lawns for the Wimbledon Tennis and they're not really telling the person at home how to grow/look after our own lawns.

Update:I'm shattered. Its got out warm and it seemed to take forever to shop...I have grass seed. I have no idea what kind...its grass. It will be green. I have netting to try and stop birds eating the seed. I have a kneeling pad for when I kneel in the garden. Water and soft drinks for Sundays trip out if it happens, I'll make beef and tomato buns for a snack. Take crisps and perhaps a banana.

Going to rest now and let it cool down a little. Then garden between 8pm and 10.30pm. I'll try and do nothing on Saturday. Tonight I'll try and clear the last area near the bees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home