My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Early Morning...

And I've already been out and done a couple of hours gardening. I don't believe I can manage much more today, its too warm already and this last bit is really hard to shift. I've lifted what remains so the roots may die off with no contact with the soil. So I'll try again on Thursday but I will bag what you can see in the first image later today.



Then Friday/Saturday I'll put the lawn feed and weed killer. Then I shall have to leave it a few days and start cutting the lawns that are reasonably ok and not overgrown. Then I can add the clippings to the bagged rubbish and then I hope who I ask to remove it will take it all away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Virgin Queen said...

Hi Gildy
If you replace the dead flowers, geraniums might be a good choice.
They are colourful, need practically no looking after and withstand drought very well so won't suffer if you forget to water them occasionally.

2 July 2015 at 10:26  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

They are a good choice of flower and I meant to get some this time. My local shops/supermarkets haven't the choice that they had now and the best place I probably could head to is somewhere like B&Q approx 7 miles away.

Getting them home via bus isn't easy. Not so much the journey but to avoid damage its difficult carrying home more than one or two trays at a time.

I may try and do something about it in the next few days.

It seems cooler today and yet the thermometer says not. I think the ground has died after all the rain of yesterday and so I think I shall head out and see what I can do for the next few hours.

Its an early night for me as by 6pm I have to be heading to the bingo. So I cannot do as much. I've also overslept. Hope that you are well.

2 July 2015 at 12:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home