My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Sun Is Shining...

I hope its a foretaste of the weather tomorrow. Remarkably, contrary to what I said earlier in a comment on an earlier post. I have slept reasonably well and pain was kept to a minimum. I admit I took a couple of pain killers before sleeping. I think if I do anything other than rest today I will cause my pain to return. So I will not be gardening this weekend. The last section is going to prove to be a b***** to clear* Its killed my shoulder and if I'm not careful I could cause myself injury(if I haven't already)But I won't give up.

Having said that, more rubbish has been bagged up/removed.

I don't want to be knackered for tomorrow.

It could very well be that I may spend the afternoon watching the film "Gone With The Wind" on TV this afternoon. That will kill around 4 hours. I have seen it before but we're talking perhaps thirty years ago, It was its first showing on British TV and it was a Christmas highlight. Both Mum and myself had flu and we were sitting around an open fire, wrapped in blankets.

We were watching on a reasonably good TV offering colour and stereo sound(not that the film was in stereo)but this time the main TV is the shape that will offer a more suitable format to appreciate the film(widescreen)though not larger than 32" Its big enough for my lounge. And I can move closer to it if I wish to.

I have the choice of two screening times.

*You know me only too well, I will probably "not" watch TV and I will still try and do something else in the garden. I don't mind leaving it when the last of the rough work is complete. I'll see if the strimmer and lop cutters can help again.



There are more bags of rubbish than in these images but I'm thinking I'll wait until its all bagged and I've strimmed again before having it all taken away then I can also add the next grass cut and the clippings from the hedge too.

Update:I did not garden or watch the film. I went out for a bus ride and found some bargains in the pound shops. And I have some little prepared salads to eat during tomorrow whilst at the food festival and the concert. They were reasonably priced, large enough for me and I don't have to spend time preparing the ingredients. But I may add a few extra cherry tomatoes, boiled eggs, celery and water cress. I have fruit. Also water, lemonade and some beer too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good! :)

We're getting 32C down here next week - eeeek! Just been out to water all my plant containers. :)

A-L

27 June 2015 at 20:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm up for shrubs around the garden fences. Its misleading in the images that the grass looks as though its dead, it isn't dead and is when you are at ground level.

That lawn feed will improve it. I may not get the shrubs all planted now that could be a job for next year. I need to put the right kind in and decide if I want flowering types or green foliage all the year around.

I'm told its going to be hot here too but slightly less.

I have a few events to go to. Mainly music based. Our town's annual festival starts next weekend instead of holding it for a weekend its been spread over ten days but I'm not impressed. More is happening in neighbouring towns. No doubt they've tried their best.

The gardening, food festival, plays, music is helping to keep me occupied especially as its coming around to my hospital appointment again.

Hopefully, in coming weeks I'll post images and talk of my travels :-)

27 June 2015 at 21:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I don't know how long this will be available on line but as I get my garden in shape and it almost is...the following link is worth copying and pasting into a search engine. What was done for a 75 year old lady with an overgrown lawn.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Brothers-Mow-Lawn-To-Keep-Woman-From-Going-To-Jail--306874101.html

27 June 2015 at 23:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home