My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Yesterday Was Better In Hindsight...

I packed my rucksack with goodies(mainly healthy)and took my folding chair and took off to Northallerton for a food festival. The plan then was to go to a free Prom concert in Darlington in a park.

However, though all the connections went reasonably well...I caught a bus at 9.35am to Darlington. To save walking a town bus at 10.32am to the railway station. 11.02 train to Northallerton. There by 11.20am.

I saw all I needed to by 2pm and if honest I was dragging the time out but it was a nice day and as the concert was not due to start until 6pm there was no rush to come back too early.

I found that I was too tired to walk back to Northallerton's railway station so caught a taxi. I then sat on the stations platform for forty five minutes. Plenty of fast trains coming through but not stopping.

There was a very helpful guard on the first trans pennine railway and he gave me extra time to find a coach I could board and walk down the platform. He also acknowledged me as the train left Darlington station from his window and gave me a smile. There are kind and nice people still in the world. I appreciated the extra time given to me and I still in reality did not cause a delay to the service.

Back into Darlington by 16.40pm but again I rested in the station and then looked at the distance from the station to the park and gave in and took another taxi. Both taxi's were quite in expensive and saved me much discomfort.

I made my way to the bandstand and could hear...music! Turns out where I had seen that it was to start at 6pm and end at 9pm, it actually started at 3pm and ended around 6pm and I was told it was supposed to end at 5pm. So I only saw around forty five minutes.

Then by the time I walked to the bus stop in the town centre and had to wait for the one and only bus back to my town I reached home around 8pm. I ate most of the food I had taken with me here. I had carried my folding chair all day for nothing. It was a day out. And I still enjoyed it. I slept the clock around and did not get up until nearly lunchtime today.

I will garden later when its a bit cooler. B***** ivy breaking out again already where I cleared the ground but I'll just keep at it and remove it and get the weedkiller on it. I'll get stuck into that corner that's holding me up. I'll continue to bag it, see if the strimmer works and cut up the twigs. When darkness falls I'll see if I can clear some more near the bees and I think its safe.

Tomorrow I should be able to do a complete day in the garden again. If needs be I may keep clearing it and sow the grass next year. Its easier to get to when grass hasn't been grown again.

I won £4 on the bingo today and missed another house by a split second as the next number had been called. I used the bus there and back(free)and after my little shop I decided I was too tired to walk home so I thought "S** it!" and I ordered a taxi. Its all good stuff...fruit/veg/salads. I'm on a health kick again. Its tasty, filling, no preparation, no cooking. Right for this time of year I guess.

My salads and even cereal/fruit or porridge is only coming in at around 50p a meal if that. That's even cheating now with much of what I have purchased prepared for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home