My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 26, 2015

What Will Be Done Today?

My appetite is not what it was. I can't/I won't over eat. I don't think that I ever did really ever do so but I find I need less food these days. Smaller portions and all that.

I had a fish salad with mini rosti's last evening and still had to leave a little salad and a couple of rosti's. Often I do not need anything to follow or starters for that matter. Haven't decided what I'll have today.

I think that it has stopped(for now)but its been raining so I'm having a lie in...listening to the radio. I've nothing to go out for unless I go for flowers but they'll still be there tomorrow. I've nothing planned for tomorrow either. Just pottering around.

I think even if it rains I can still bag the rubbish and still remove what I have not removed so far. And its not muddy. I can nip out between showers anyhow. Looking at what I have done even if I've spread it out over 2-3wks I am amazed but quietly satisfied. And if I devote a couple of hours a week at a leisurely pace I think I may be able to cope. I also believe that I can get away with mowing(strimming)the lawns once every 5-6 weeks. That doesn't seem to bad too me.

Debating whether I may even sit out more next year in the garden. I never really have been one for doing that. To be honest very few around here seem to do that. Only on special occasions perhaps when family calls with grandchildren. Being single I think patio furniture/a garden set is over the top. At best I'll use a single chair and perhaps a small table that can be easily removed.

Having a small porch at the front of the house and a small garden surrounded by a high hedge its as easy to do what Mum used to and sit in the corner at the front of the house. Its also a bit of a suntrap as the sun moves to the front of the house as the day progresses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope you do get to sit out in the garden a bit more and enjoy the results of your hard work. :) I sit out in mine all the time - in fact was out last evening watching the various wildlife. :)

A-L

26 June 2015 at 18:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I had to admit defeat tonight. My shoulder is killing me having used the spade and it jolting my joint, muscles aching. And what a weakling my right index finger is really hurting. I still cleared three bags of rubbish though. The last lawn(?)near the house is the killer. I will not be beaten.

I hurt if I cough. I'll come back at it on Monday I think.

What I can do is put the lawn preparation on the lawn that is ok(ish)and on the front lawn. And let it do its magic.

26 June 2015 at 23:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home