My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 13, 2015

I've Done All That I Am Able...

For the visits of the meter reader and service engineers for the central heating. Doors are closed to rooms that they have no need to enter, only one room untidy(not in use)but loads thrown out and all clothes in wardrobes.

I think with a good go at it, it could be cleared by tomorrow. Wednesday at the latest, that still gives me seven days where I'll be free of having to do any work for the inspection.

I've run out of space in the wheelie bin.  So if what I have is bagged up they'll have to understand. I'll give both of those calling today up until midday and then I'll have to head out to my afternoon bingo club.

My utility company said they'd call between 9am-1pm but I have sent meter readings in a few times this week directly online. The service engineers are due between 8.30am-Midday(they could've called upto 5pm but I phoned a few weeks ago and told them I was not in after Midday and they said they'd call sometime in the morning so we'll see.

No shopping today *:) happy Just waiting to see if I have a small win at the bingo *B-) cool we do get a free cup of tea and usually cheese and fruit scones in the intermission and a bit of a chat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy! :) But I'm curious - sounds like you have so much bagged up for the bin and you've run out of space in it - what is it that you're throwing away?

A-L

13 April 2015 at 14:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm wondering too. I'll pay more attention. There seems to be a lot of paper work.

I've been good and haven't spent anything today. I won a house at the bingo so the whole day only cost me £1.10, the win covered most of what I spent there. In a way the win was like getting the money back that I spent on my coat hangers yesterday.

The visit to service the heating was all over by 10am, no problems. The meter reader was told to knock and I'd let him in but he didn't knock and he took my readings that I had put on the card he left last Friday.

So now its down to the visit next week from my landlord. So I have 9 days to sort out the last of the rubbish. What isn't I hope I can get into cupboards/drawers.

13 April 2015 at 17:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home