My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

The Day Passed By I Don't know How...

Weather has been good but I haven't been out in it. I never heard a knock at the door but someone called to read the electric and gas meters from the utility company. They are returning on Monday morning which just happens to coincide with the morning the company working for the H Ass will be coming to check the central heating out so that's a happy coincidence. I'll be up and ready for all of them. But I have already submitted my meter readings as I often do anyhow.

I'm away to get shaved and ready to go to the little bingo club. Its been an expensive day in that the window cleaner called today and I owed for two previous visits plus today so that cost me £15 and then I am sharing a taxi tonight so another person can go to the bingo club as his lift isn't available tonight. So I have another £4.50 to find for a return taxi ride(I would've used buses both ways)Free.

Then there is the cost of the night(around £5)so I hope I win something tonight. The prizes aren't great but usually £3-£4 for a line and £7-£8 for a house so anything would be welcome*

I've had a ready meal earlier, it was OK and only took 8 mins in the microwave and was onion gravy, mashed potato and three pork and leek sausages. It only cost £1. I can something else later on...I may have some sweet and sour chicken, I have some chicken in the fridge and some Uncle Ben's Sauce in the cupboard. I can do that really quick in the microwave and eat it out of the same bowl that I cook it in. I have rice too.

Lately I've been buying chicken thighs and if chosen carefully you can get a fair amount of meat for little money. I've discovered six for £2 in Iceland and for £3(same place)eight to nine portions and they can sometimes have more meat on them. However, I'm giving six chicken legs a try in Aldi's for £2.24. I'm wondering what the difference is(if they are better value)for that I managed to get six and they cook well in a slow cooker.

*I won a house(£8)so was only £1 down on the night, Remember I was popped on by a pigeon a few days ago perhaps it brought me luck after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home