My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 07, 2015

I'm Not Feeling Guilty...

and I feel fine but I've slept well. Don't remember any dreams. I don't feel tired, I don't feel down but have to admit that I haven't been out of bed that long. And I don't have any plans for the rest of the day(even if the sun is shining)perhaps I may go to the bank and try and arrange an appointment for another day and see if they are prepared to offer advice...good or bad. But I don't have to. The bank is only a few streets away anyhow.

I may go back to my bed and do some more radio listening...

Update:I didn't. In fact I'm off to the bank* Doubt I'll get an appointment today but perhaps I can arrange one. I'm not expecting a great outcome but if you don't talk, how does one know?

I'm awaiting contact with my gardener to pull everything into shape again. I owe £10 to the window cleaner(and if he calls again soon)that becomes £15. If I could reach all of the windows(I'd do it myself )still may look into it using one of those long poles but some you still cannot reach because of where they are/how they open. I don't think they need doing every month if I'm honest. Wish I could have them washed perhaps every two months.

A fly in the ointment...though I can understand the first appointment...they are coming next Monday to check the gas central heating(servicing)check the smoke/fire alarms etc...Then in approx 15 days its one of those annual tenancy visits that I hate. Especially as I dislike my landlord(Housing Association)as I've said before I've yet to meet anyone(anecdotal)who does like them.

*Bank was a waste of time and they suggest a charity that helps the disadvantaged in the UK(CAB)and to be honest they weren't much help the last time we discussed issues associated with my current situation.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you calling the annual gas service a fly in the ointment? I'm puzzled.

It's for your own safety and good and doesn't cost you anything - they check mine once a year, and I'm always glad that everything has been given the once-over.

Them checking your smoke-alarms, for example, could be a lifesaver.

A-L

7 April 2015 at 15:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The check up isn't a problem...perhaps it looks as though I was saying that linking the two together, the people who do that are usually fine. Rarely has there been any problems and as you say its for my safety. It should be even easier this year as its a combi boiler in what was the airing cupboard and the smoke alarms/carbon monoxide are wired into the system(not battery driven)and they are on the ceiling over the landing outside the airing cupboard and the only other alarm is on the ceiling in the hall. The meter is in the garage.

I hope I get the same person I did the last time for the tenancy visit. She was kind, efficient and had a nice(ish)manner which her colleagues did not in the preceding years, they were both snobbish and jobsworths.

7 April 2015 at 16:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I hope a good friend of mine may be here when they call for the tenancy visit. Its good to have a witness. If I can stay here the garage is big enough to store the scooter. If I had to move I may have to consider a smaller one. I could possibly get something for part exchange but I won't worry about that for now.

7 April 2015 at 23:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home