My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Kick Up The Bum!

I am about to face my housework and I'll finish it by hook or by crook. I am not stopping until its done. That is my big task of the day/week. Then a dust/polish between now and next week. I'll destroy some cardboard boxes so I can get that out for recycling on Friday then I can fool myself all is well and relax for a few days.

There's not much else planned/happening for now but I will have to get back into the chasing up of my windfall from Mum and buying items to make my financial situation better again(hopefully)

May make a stew/home made soup in the slow cooker later(vegetables based with added beef or chicken)

Thinking putting a memorandum notice in the local freesheet for next week to remember Mum by. Never thought that I would but I kind of feel that I want to. Its almost as if Mum never existed and there are so few things to remember her by though she's in my heart and mind. That is most important of all. With virtually all her own family and relatives no longer alive and me being the last of the line once I go there will probably no one to remember her or me for that matter. Keeping it simple.

"Three years since we said goodbye. I still miss you and always will. God bless you Mum, with Love" Her name at the start of the notice and my name at the end.

4 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

A lovely sentiment and a very nice message, Gildy.

Perhaps a photograph of her in a prominent place in your home, with a small vase of flowers, would be fitting.

15 April 2015 at 17:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you VQ. It just felt right and I went with my feelings. I caught a bus within minutes of writing that post and got off the stop before I should've...and I knew it. The other was practically outside the printers.

My choice meant walking the length of a very very large factory on the industrial estate and it really has over the years grown and taken over a large area.

Good for jobs no doubt. Found a better bus stop for coming home and luckily at the time I was on route there was a choice of quite a few buses back to town as they all tend to use the main ring road. Only did a small shop, bread and milk. Now to work...I've put off enough.

15 April 2015 at 18:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure she is at peace, and would want to see you enjoying life - that is the best memorial you can give her. :)

A-L

15 April 2015 at 19:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I believe that you are right and she is more likely to be at peace if I show some fight and do try to enjoy what may be simple things. Work with what you have.

Whilst able I have some more shows booked to see. It seems a lot of money when you spend it in a lump sum but we're talking perhaps £1.50-£2 per week over the year.

One is a thriller with an Am Dram group in Durham of a Brian Clemens play. Another is recreation of a concert given by Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller at Carnegie Hall New York in 1939. Another is the big band baring Syd Lawrence's name but fronted by Chris Dean and a sixties night with what remains of the Troggs, Badfinger, The Ivy League, Brian Poole and the Tremeloes. I'll do it whilst I can physically/financially. If I don't I may regret not doing so.

I've chicken legs in one slow cooker, soup mix ready to go in another slow cooker.

I've just had a ready meal of steak in an ale gravy with carrots and mash potato.

My work is going well and almost cleared(Mainly that pile of stuff you saw earlier)mostly paperwork/magazines of no use. Any clothes have again been taken to the charity shop and the rest(not good enough)has gone in the wheelie bin.

A quick dusting/polishing before the weekend and that's it. Its all falling into place.

15 April 2015 at 21:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home