My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 17, 2015

A Few Jobs All Happening At Once...

I found some more plants available for my tubs so I have added marigolds and impatiens with the pansies  now.

On Monday I will have to report a fairly large repair that needs doing to my home. I have managed to make the job last practically 50 years but now it will even beat me. I think every house on my block has had to have this done, only with everyone else buying their home they've had to pay for the work to be done.

The front downstairs window has a surround of concrete and the top one is starting to crack and crumble away. And if not done soon a big piece will break off and drop to the ground. I could wait until Thursday and mention it to the person calling from the Housing Association but I may as well report it as soon as possible.

Its been a strange day weather wise. If you put a scarf on, you get too warm, take it off you are too cold. The sun has been out though and Durham looked nice. I attended the little music session and found out this evening the singer was performing at another place in Durham with a big band and the tickets were quite reasonable but public transport is not reliable or it ends too soon for the location the concert was to be held so I had to give up on that idea. I have seen the trio before and two members play in quite a few ensembles usually only the name changes depending on who is singing and whether a trio increases in size and becomes a quartet or whatever. Its light jazz. In July someone is appearing playing alto sax who actually played in Ray Charles' band. That may be worth seeing.

I reheated my soup in the microwave after getting home. It was quick and easy. If I'm up to it I may go the food festival that is happening in a neighbouring town but I really think this year I will refrain from buying anything because much of what's available though high quality is expensive and I don't need food.

I did spend a little but not a lot. Mainly salad items. I'll get a few meals from those items and I found some cheap nail clippers(misplaced the ones in the house)and found a pack of three in different sizes for £1.29. I spent most money on my plants. Twenty Marigolds and twenty Impatiens for £7.16. I wondered how I was going to get my shopping home without a shopping trolley or using a taxi but the shopping cart didn't have a brake on it and I only live close by so I used it and came home with everything in it and I'll take it back in the morning.

I have the police choir concert tomorrow evening.

One of my "Bingo" gang that we go with on Sundays I have been told has gone into hospital today but so far that is all I know...

My notice remembering Mum has appeared in the newspaper today and that was correct. There is a remembrance service next Sunday for people to remember their loved ones at my church so I may attend that next week.

I think that I shall have a rest now and a mug of coffee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home