My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Good Grief Its Thursday...

Well it was...early hours of Friday now...

Isn't it strange how sometimes when you do very little time drags and other times it passes reasonably quickly without you becoming bored.

Getting ready for Saturday...I hope to take part in a campaign to once again try and engage the public in how important the NHS is and how its under threat. I could support one of two groups that are trying to campaign for the service(either in Darlington or Durham)the first is much easier to get to so I may take that one this time.

Its Valentine's Day and it all is incorporated into the fact that its February 14th and the slogan is something along the lines of make the NHS your Valentine.

I've nothing planned in the evening but I probably will have something nice for my evening meal and sit down for dinner for one.

I made the effort last night when I came in from Bingo and had steamed vegetables, mini potato rostis and sliced gammon.with gravy. All done within approx twenty five minutes. I did not think that I would be able to eat it when I put it on the plate...but I did! And really enjoyed it. Its a small plate so it looks like an even bigger portion.


I've been putting some images on Twitter as I was looking over some images taken in the last few months(mainly of Durham)I have yet to put them on my blog perhaps later however someone I know took one of the Cathedral(I can't take the credit)but I have an idea where it was taken from now and I am going to try and find the same location soon but as its out there on social networks and not copyrighted I think that I am safe to share it.

It is a city that I love...as is Durham Cathedral.


I'll just say for now that there is better news regarding my friend in hospital but its going to be a long journey. On the other hand more news reaches me of people I know who have passed away or have taken ill. I was told tonight a friend of Mum's who was kind of a companion for many years after my Father passed away has suffered a heart attack. And has spent some time in hospital(I believe he is still there)That's all I seem to hear these days. It comes with age I guess but I probably don't hear it as much as I would if I had many family/relatives/friends. When you are mainly single you are protected somewhat from seeing those around you leaving or becoming ill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home