My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Back Late...

but safe and sound...

My bus to Durham arrived on time and I was in Durham City by 6.30pm. Slowly(as if I can do anything else)I walked to the Market Place...purchased some sweets and water for the theatre, some sweeteners and a bloomer loaf to bring home. The bread cost 49p more than here but it means I do not have to go out for anything today.

I'm glad as there is a horrible cold wind getting up and some plastic advertising signs are coming loose on a Leisure Centre near my home that mention a basket ball team that plays in some league.

They were flapping about when I went out earlier and they still are. I'm surprised that they are still attached and haven't blown away.

The show finished just after 10pm and I couldn't be bothered to attempt to rush to Durham bus station(I wouldn't have made it)nor pay for a taxi to it. Money saved made my shopping seem in expensive. It only meant hanging around for approx. 45 minutes for the last bus.

Durham was really cold but it was windier and colder when I returned to my own town. But it was starting to change as I left Durham. I was in my home around ten minutes after Midnight.

I feel quite safe in Durham even though especially at weekends there are a lot of people frequenting bars and clubs or walking between various venues but how they manage against the cold I don't know...many blokes are in thin shirts, often short sleeved. The women are often in shoes they have difficulty walking in and a few take them off and walk barefoot! And again the dresses/skirts and tops are thin and very short.

Most bars in the city are safe and not near the river that runs through the city but many feel students from the University have died recently have lost their way, been unsteady and have fallen into it and having become separated from others they were with and drinking seems to have been blamed.

A couple of days ago the police pulled another male from the river in the early hours, he was alive and very fortunate to have been rescued. I do know of a pub in the area he was found and if he was in there, it is very close to the river and I can understand how he may've got into trouble. Tonight around the market place I saw a couple of females who had fallen on the paths and needed to be helped back up onto their feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home