My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Considering It Was The Anniversary...

of my Fathers passing, today went reasonably OK. Nothing exciting going on. Debating whether to watch Russell Crowe in a reworking of Robin Hood. I get two chances at 9pm or on a catch up TV channel at 10pm but now I'm going to bed so may just pass on that idea and listen to the radio.

Had a bit of a shock, one of those brown envelopes through the letterbox on today of all days but all is OK at present but there are concerns for the future by what it explained. Confirmed by someone I know who has looked after her Mum for years despite serious health issues of her own and on top of that she is shy and timid. She told me today her Mum had passed away a few weeks ago.

Money will be change and she has been for an interview with those who deal with benefits paid to people who are ill etc...CAB advised her but somewhere along the way something has gone wrong and they reckon she was not forceful enough making her case, an appeal seems impossible and I really wonder how she is expected to live on what she now finds as her weekly income. And hearing of her problems and others coming to light in the media I really fear for many vulnerable people in the population and selfishly what the future holds for myself.

Its scary.

I've cooked a nice Turkey roast type thing I purchased at Christmas so may have some lovely meals over the coming days or be able to have some sandwiches. Today I only had some soup, toast and some potato wedges plus a chip butty. But I feel fine.

I will now go to bed with a coffee and look through my cheap TV listings magazine at all the programmes that I will probably decide not to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home