My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bread...

I may have a go at baking bread tomorrow(not going anywhere and have plenty of time)been thinking that if I take a basic bread recipe anyhow its worth taking a chance on the bread machine. What's the worse that can happen?

Still intrigued by the about what I hear about bread in a machine having a hole in it!!! But now I have access to a small oven that works quickly and has less space to heat up, that works well. I may just need to dig out my loaf tins again or make a loaf that can sit on a baking tray if it keeps its shape and doesn't spread because the mixture is too runny.

If it works/if I do decide tomorrow is the day, I'll post some images like the old days. These past days I have been enjoying white sliced bloomer loaves from the discount store Aldi's TBH and they seem good value at £1 a loaf. From past experience I like home made bread and have usually been successful but I can never make mine as soft as those in the shops.

It is cold and blustery outside but no sign of any more snow since Tuesday or Wednesday, there could be some rain going on...looking at the window. Biggest problem for myself has been the ice that has remained on some paths or roads where you need to cross. But each day that has continued to improve. The main roads seem OK and if you are heading to a city or town centre they are mostly kept free of ice and snow. Its the housing estates and side  roads that are mostly affected.

I hope it stays that way as Durham City(where I am planning to be tonight)is high, open and very hilly. I may have spoke too soon. I can now see sleety snow being blown around.

I may have a corned beef pasty for lunch. Already had coffee, marmalade and toast. And my meds. I may still watch some TV later but I have a few programmes downloaded which I may watch in bed where its cosy. I don't think there is much on Freesat/Freeview worth putting the main TV on for. But I will look through the listings just in case.

Update:Had a quick look around the TV Channels, gave up...Did have a pasty(tasty)but it contained very little corned beef(more pastry than anything else)had some potato wedges too. Followed by rice pudding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hole in the bread caused by the breadmaker isn't really a problem - in my opinion, anyway. :) It's just so nice to put all the ingrediants in and let it do all the work - and best of all, you no no nasty additives have gone into the bread. :)
When it's baked in the breadmaker and the programme has finished - take the loaf out of its baking tin - turn it upside down on a wire rack to cool, because if you leave it in the tin to cool, you will find that the corners will be soggy.

A-L

31 January 2015 at 21:55  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Bread machine/loaf tin or on baking tray it will make me more adventurous trying a variety of different types. I'll also try various shapes. Thanks for the continued advice.

1 February 2015 at 00:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home