My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Had My Kind Of Burns Night Celebration...

Later than planned because...I went to bed and fell asleep early on and had around 8 hours sleep. My reckoning is that I needed it.

I tried the new slow cooker and its OK. Its too small but you can just about manage two bowls of food. And as I eat less I can make that do at a push. It will be used. I enjoyed the beef stew(lots of vegetable choice included...Leeks, onion, carrot, turnip, swede, celery, potato, b sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower)The beef was nice too. I'll leave the remaining portion on low and perhaps have it for lunch as a kind of soup with a bread bun.

I wasn't up to the walk to the afternoon Bingo session, I got outside and had walked only past a few houses and thought I can't do this...and head back home and ordered a taxi. I won £1(Big money)as I shared with someone else on a line. If I'd won on my own I was only £1 down using the taxi. A house would seen me breaking even after sharing a taxi home.

I had receipt from the supermarket saving 62p off my next shop so that almost paid for my loaf of bread coming home and I only had to find 12p. I've paid really but its like getting it for free.

Its milder/warmer tonight(indoors anyhow)I can tell that it is because as I am tapping on this keyboard I am not as wrapped up as usual and my hands are warm(no gloves required)and a quick look at the thermometer says 14c/58f but I have the bedroom door closed which helps.

The rest of the house will be warmer when I have new lined curtains up at the windows and new carpet laid. There are other little tricks you can make a home warmer...foil behind radiators, draping curtains behind them too. Some people put bubble wrap on windows. You can't see out the windows but...it only looks a bit like frosted glass. Modern window blinds work too.

I've nothing much planned for this week, the big night John Shuttleworth(actor Graham Fellows)at a local theatre on Saturday. Otherwise I'm on the town until then. Mainly at home. Perhaps out for 6-7 hours.

I'm thinking of having some of my home finally pulled around after the recent upgrade. I'll leave the big stuff until when the weather improves and I am also hopefully better off financially but I may have my hall, landing, dining room and the small bedroom painted.

I have some curtains for the hall which need hanging across the front door which again will add to the appearance, keep it warm and offer privacy as it will cover the panes of glass in the door and surround especially in the evenings. I tend to keep most curtains drawn especially at the front of the house. It helps to avoid getting caught by people who arrive by surprise(usually selling something)and if its an official they have to leave a card and rearrange a visit and it means I am more prepared.

Update:By 9.30am today I have had my second portion of beef stew already and enjoyed every mouthful. I may do some catching up of TV.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay warm! 14C indoors is not really warm if you have medical conditions, and it worries me that you are so cold that you are wearing gloves indoors.

27 January 2015 at 11:43  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks, I've been fine and it was night time. I have a friend who keeps his bedroom windows open even in Winter no matter how cold it is. Much I like fresh air unless I was under my bedclothes or had the CH on through the night, I would not be doing that ;-)

Had my soup a few minutes ago and a chip butty.

27 January 2015 at 17:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home