My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Exciting Weekend Ahead?

Not really. I can stay indoors except for approx 3-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday evening but I am being tempted out by finding the soups and turnip I could not find. I'd like some more food container boxes(nothing fancy)not bothered if they have lock down lids. I need some yeast to for my bread making.

Debating how far to go off town and which retailers to visit. I was amazed that Heron, Iceland, Tesco's stores that I tried didn't have any. There is a Farm Foods/ASDA approx 5 miles away so I am wondering if I should hop on a bus, its an hourly service in either direction and the bus stops virtually outside their shops.

Slept well but had strange dreams(mainly forgotten)but the last one had the actor Jim Dale in it and it was mainly about me trying to take photographs of him after I discovered I had my camera with me(which initially I thought I had forgotten)and then all the best times to get great images had passed. Why?

I've had coffee, toast and marmalade. Taken all my meds. Later I am thinking garlic and herb fish coated in bread crumbs with vegetables with a few roast potatoes that are leftovers from earlier in the week for my next meal in the afternoon. It will take perhaps 25mins in the small electric oven compartment(hopefully it doesn't use too much energy)I think that the thermostat drops every so often and being smaller oven there is less space to heat up.

I have to be on the way to Durham by 5.45pm because I won't get the theatre on time if I go later,

I think its another cold day but its not raining, snowing or windy so that's welcome.

Update:I have everything now. I was there on one bus, back on the next, I have turnip and soup. Yeast for my bread. I have lean beef mince so I think I will have a kind of stew which like a thick soup/hotpot anyhow. I will use the smaller slow cooker on for a couple of hours and add the mince later after I have browned it. Unless I decide to have diced beef*. Like many I think I shall wait until Monday being that I am out this evening and tomorrow night.

*I did and I have purchased some as I went to the theatre(could do with some chunky veg)Casserole type. I reckon I can get 6-10 meals out of what I have purchased in meat and with other ingredients I'm talking £1.50-£2 and I think thats quite good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home