My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It Did Get Better...

But yesterday wasn't particularly enjoyable. I dragged myself to a neighbouring town and found everything I wanted to buy was unavailable. It was a waste of three hours. I could've stayed closed to home and purchased vegetables and my TV listings magazine.

I tried to find the two colours of tinsel I was short of, some wafers I promised to get a friend who liked them at Christmas(they no longer stock them)and I purchase more plates/bowls but the branch that I went into didn't have them.

I was tired when I came home so took to my bed. I should've taken some pain killers but try to do without if possible.

I have had toast, marmalade and coffee already. Tonight's evening meal is virtually sorted and just needs putting on the plate perhaps a little reheating. Roast potatoes, vegetables, lamb and gravy followed by a comforting dessert(something like apple pie and custard or creamed riced pudding)costing around £1.50 for the whole meal. Cooked in the slow cooker(meat and potatoes)and microwave(vegetables*/dessert)

I am thinking of adding to the kitchen my Mandoline slicer, George Foreman Grill and second(smaller)slow cooker. It offers me various combinations for the preparation of meals and cooking of them. )Only three items remain in their boxes(in a cupboard)a food processor/a juicer and a Soda Stream.

I went along to the Music Club and we were entertained by a local group called "Loose Connection" There is a great music gig tonight starring "The Happy Cats" reluctantly I am probably going to pass on that show. I have seen them three or four times in the past couple of years, its cold and the weather could turn icy and I can save a little money. I will probably regret later that I haven't. But it can be difficult getting home from the venue.

*That's more like steaming them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home