My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Wednesday Turned Out To Be...

A Lazy Day...weather wise it started out horrible. The snow eventually cleared but wet and if you didn't have to go out, one worth staying in.

I've been tempted to go and see Count Arthur Strong(A character played by actor Steve Delaney)in March appearing at a local theatre and been talked into it by Twitter pals. There are still 63 seats remaining even though I'd be quite a long way back in the stalls the views and sound is still good. Its rare that I am further back than the first five rows. I never choose the front row.

In a previous post I mentioned that my love of food has resurfaced(it was never far away)so having said that I shall add my George Foreman Grill and Mandolin slicer to the kitchen I am going to add a small slow cooker for when the larger one isn't required. I did not realise how it is. I have cleaned up a hardly used and in good working order, sandwich toaster which I can use to make quick snacks.

I mentioned that there was no room for my food processor, well I am thinking of trying to find a small high table to put that on or may as I rarely use it, put it on the table in the dining room which is very close to the kitchen. Then everything is in easy reach and is used. Most of what I own doesn't use a lot of electricity and during Summer many meals are buffet type like salads etc...I cook hot meals mainly between October and April. I use just about every kitchen gadget that I own.

I am thinking of baking my own bread again...because I can and for fun. If I can work out the bread machine without its manual I may use that(looking for the manual online)or use the little oven that's part of the cooker. I hear that you can also bake bread in a slow cooker. I'm still thinking mainly of Soda and the one where you keep the yeast going in a jar(I've forgotten what that's called)often bread can be made quickly and does not always need to be kneaded.

Today I will clear some items so they can go out for recycling on Friday, tonight its the little bingo club. The weeks fly by.

I've decided as I can go to the Brass Band concert in Durham via Bishop Auckland on Saturday, I will leave my little shop until then, perhaps bet there for 4pm(early enough)that way I can pop into the discount shops(hope there are some bargains and more plates to match what I purchased a week ago)put them in my knapsack catch a bus from there around 5.30pm and arrive in Durham City perhaps by 6.30pm and be at the theatre for when the doors open at 7pm and I think I could be out before 10pm and on the way home by 10.15pm. That way I still have most of Saturday at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home