My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Day And Night Indoors...

They tell me the weather has been bad here today. I have no idea, I had a late night and slept most of the day away. Now everyone has cried off from our usual Sunday night bingo, I could go alone but I won't we don't miss many and to be honest I quite like having a Sunday in. Its a good night for radio listening. And bed is cosy.

May have something nice to eat later or just toast and marmalade. Still getting ready to post a review of sorts of the shows on Friday and yesterday.

Update:I'll combine Monday with Sunday's post. As it was another slow day. I looked out in the early hours and could not decide if we had ice or snow laying down but my goodness nothing like other parts of the world or the UK have had or are experiencing but I wouldn't fancy trying to walk on it.


And yet by lunchtime there was no sign of it, I didn't feel good for walking still so called a taxi. Sometimes you just have to give in and put yourself ahead of money. Not going out yesterday evening I saved money so I just transferred it and it paid for my bingo session, my small shop when I came home(milk and salad items, kale)I managed to get a lift back to the shops so avoided the cost of a return taxi or waiting for a bus.

It was a day of bacon sandwiches and toast with marmalade. Nothing I really wanted to watch on TV(I have broke the habit again)so inbetween sleeping, I have been listening to the radio and keeping cosy in bed. Today may be the same, I don't fancy doing much when its very cold, I have some lamb shoulder cooking in the slow cooker. I may turn that into a stew or cut it into slices, store what I don't use in a food box and either have a few meals from it or put it into sandwiches. It was reduced when I purchased it.

I have some TV and radio to catch up on via the internet. An undemanding little "whodunnit" type series on similar lines to Agatha Christie's mysteries written by GK Chesterton(rathere based on the character of)Father Brown. They are appearing on BBC TV in the afternoons but I seem to miss them and they deserve to be seen in the evenings in a peak slot in the schedule but with catch up its not a problem.

I missed series one and two but an actor in the series informs me that when this series ends this week series two will air again. Lets hope they do the same with series one. They are on DVD but I rarely buy DVD's and watch where I spend my money. I think the setting and detail of costumes etc...are pleasing on the eye and the cast are well chosen. I do wonder how they manage to make them toi a constantly high standard and pull them together in seemingly such a short amount of time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy....it's very nice to be cosy when outside all is cold...

18 January 2015 at 20:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you...how fortunate I am that I am not a homeless person on the street and have a roof over my head. Yes, I do get around but I really do appreciate the simple things, if I am reasonably warm and have a full tummy...I am blessed.

19 January 2015 at 00:45  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

To be honest, its been that kind of day. Earlier the plan was to listen to The Archers and Desert Island Discs on Radio 4(but I kept dozing off)

19 January 2015 at 00:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I often think how lucky I am, to have my own little home, warmth and food, and can pull up the drawbridge to my "castle" and be cosy. Sometimes I view the outside world with dismay, at all the "wants" and the greed...

19 January 2015 at 21:55  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Certain events like recent ones reported in the news bring home what you say.

The truth is that there are many more terrible things happening that we don't hear of and we can generally only help those within our immediate circle.

Of course you fight for the greater good of mankind or should. But if one kind word or gesture can make a difference to one person that may help make that day tolerable.

I found myself talking to a frail elderly person on Friday at a bus stop and continued to talk with her until she alighted from the bus.

She was going home to an empty house and explained how she wanted to get home before it became dark. I hope our little chat helped in some way.

Our time on Earth is fleeting and brief and I know there is more time behind me than in front of me.

Another famous face has passed on and had tributes paid. I feel for her and her family and friends. I would've anyhow but having gone through the losing of those dear to me even more so. It gives you a jolt and makes you think. Perhaps not a bad thing.

20 January 2015 at 01:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home