My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

There Are Still Kind People Out There...

I decided to book a taxi to the Music Club earlier, the weather was cold, flurries of snow and ice on the paths. I promised one for 8.30pm, at the latest 8.40pm at 8.55pm when I phoned I got an apology and was told they weren't coming for me! A kind person going into the supermarket asked if I was alright going in...coming out he offered to take me home or as it happened to the club. Turned out that he had been to see a friend in hospital a fair distance away and though he is a minister in a church in a neighbouring town(approx eight and a half miles away)he lives on my town.

I was getting very cold waiting around for the taxi.

It was a good night at the club. It always is. The club hosts cricket and football matches for a local team and they were out in that horrible weather tonight. They had baked some spare jacket potatoes and brought them into our club, I had one with baked beans.

Considering I was planning on having one when I came in from the club with cheese/bacon filling and baked beans. I have not had to do that now. So I can have that later today before heading out to see the musical in Durham.

I hope that the weather is better by then. Though compared to many areas my town is still having a reasonable Winter...so far.

I called off the planned trip on Monday I will do some of the shop on the way to the bus to Durham and obtain the remaining item eventually. I can manage without for quite a long time.

That's as exciting as it gets unless something unexpected happens for good or bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home